Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 13, 2008

Nutella is evil..
Author
Message
Strawberryblonde
Acknowledged Member
Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 71
Location: Western Australia
Mon Jan 28, 2008 11: 58 am    Post subject: Nutella is evil..
I blew it, I ate a couple of spoons of Nutella this evening, dessertspoons not teaspoons. I wasn ' t even craving anything, it was more a - ' what the f * * *, life is too short ' moment.
And now I uneasiness it of course. It ' s funny though I kind of need to do that every few weeks to remind myself that it ' s not really that great, eating crud with no regard to what it does to you. It never is as good in reality as it is in real life.
I feel sickish and gets me re - resolved to start anew tomorrow.
Tomorrow is another day. There is meat waiting for me.... [ / icon_sad. gif]... anybody getting sick of cooking meat??
I need to go eat a stick of celery to cancel out the negativity of the nutella, mabye two sticks..
Em
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Stage: North Carolina
Mon Jan 28, 2008 12: 31 pm    Post subject:
OMG... I love Nutella. I wish they would make a sugarfree low carb conte that tasted exactly like the original. They are best on crepes.... which of course is another food not allowed. Sorry for the food moment but I had to live vicariously through you for just 2 seconds. [ / icon_smile. gif]
Glad to see you are back on track. That is what will keep you going. It is fine to have moments just don ' t let those turn into days, weeks, months or most of all years!!! [ / icon_smile. gif]
pheonixheart
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Posts: 665
Setting: Florida
Mon Jan 28, 2008 6: 47 pm    Post subject:
Curse Nutella!! WHY oh WHY must it be so TASTYYYYYY!!!???
LOL. I have some in my cabinet and it stares at me every time I yawning it. I ' ve been good so far though. I shoulda had it the same day I had a carb blowout for my daughter ' s b ' day LOL. s ' ok - I ' ll make my daughter eat it so it ' s gone. I ' m sure debutante will just hate that hehehehe....
verbuzz
New Member
Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 11
Setting: Long Island, NY
Fri Feb 01, 2008 3: 47 am    Post subject: nutella
I ' m so glad I have never experienced the evils of Nutella! [ / icon_razz. gif]
After reading all your posts I know it would have been a problem for me. It ' s funny to have come across these posts today because I just looked at the nutritional label on a container TODAY and when I saw it was loaded w / carbs I put it back very quickly!
Dawn125
Senior Member
Joined: 05 Mar 2004
Posts: 498
Location: Central California
Fri Feb 01, 2008 3: 08 pm    Post subject:
What is nutella?
Dawn125
Senior Member
Joined: 05 Mar 2004
Posts: 498
Location: Central California
Fri Feb 01, 2008 3: 14 pm    Post subject:
OK, nevermind, I googled it. YUM!!! Now I have something new to crave. It sure seems like they could make a lower carb version with splenda or something.
mneemnee
Established Member
Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 134
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Mon Feb 04, 2008 5: 52 pm    Post subject:
Try this instead:
Chocolate butter cream
2 onces unsweetened chocolate
1 / 3 cup heavy cream
8 Tbs unsalted butter
6 packages sugar substitute
1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 / 2 Tsp vanilla
* In a mixing bowl gradually whisk cream into melted chocolate
* In an electric mixer ( medium speed ): Beat butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla. Beat until it ' s smooth and fluffy
* Serving 8 ( each is 3 carbs )
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Mon Feb 04, 2008 7: 04 pm    Post subject:
Mneemnee, it sounds delicious! Would you please post it in the Recipes forum as well? It will be easier to find for all us choc - a - holics.... [ / icon_lol. gif]
BillB
New Member
Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 1
Fri Feb 29, 2008 8: 16 am    Post subject: There is a sugar - free Nutella
It ' s called " Twist " and there are several places to buy it online.
Don ' t eat a whole jar full, but it is good.
together4ever
New Member
Joined: 06 May 2008
Posts: 19
Location: Japan
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12: 05 am    Post subject:
mneemnee wrote:
Try this instead:
Chocolate butter cream
2 onces unsweetened chocolate
1 / 3 cup heavy cream
8 Tbs unsalted butter
6 packages sugar substitute
1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 / 2 Tsp vanilla
* In a mixing bowl gradually whisk cream into melted chocolate
* In an electric mixer ( medium speed ): Beat butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla. Beat until it ' s smooth and fluffy
* Serving 8 ( each is 3 carbs )
it sounds delicious! but I ' ve searched everywhere, and can ' t seem to find where to buy unsweetened chocolate anywhere [ / icon_confused. gif] Whenever I ask, people just go like ' oh, you mean dark chocolate? ' its frustrating [ / icon_sad. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1322
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12: 08 am    Post subject:
Unsweetened chocolate is baking chocolate... look in the baking section of your grocery store. There ' s unsweetened, bittersweet and semi - sweet.
Noor
Established Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Tue Jun 10, 2008 10: 35 am    Post subject:
are we allowed unsweetened chocolate in the induction phase????
please someone tell me yes...
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2: 02 pm    Post subject:
No! Only the foods on the induction list [ / icon_sad. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1322
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jun 10, 2008 4: 32 pm    Post subject:
You can ' t eat unsweetened chocolate without gagging... you ' re not missing anything. LOL It ' s like the most bitter, chalky thing in the world. Blech!
Noor
Established Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Tue Jun 10, 2008 5: 54 pm    Post subject:
no, I was actually thinking of the chocolate butter recipe, sounds yummy
kirstyb1
Established Member
Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 83
Location: Glasgow
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6: 24 pm    Post subject:
omg that sounds lovely
x
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Thu Jul 03, 2008 5: 25 pm    Post subject:
I googled nutella too... blech.
There is a german and french nutella... I bet the German is too strong and the french is runny.

No comments: