Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

* * pats self on back and polishes halo * * *
Author
Message
kellyjane
Published Member
Joined: 30 May 2008
Posts: 64
Where: England
Fri Jun 13, 2008 5: 34 pm    Post subject: * * pats self on back and polishes halo * * *
My daughter has just come up to me and offered a sweet, without thinking I took ' ' that dreaded fizzy cola bottle ' ' and popped it in my mouth without thinking........... ah but then I ran ( well not really ran ) over to the kitchen bin and ruckus it out............ woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo I did it LOL [ / icon_lol. gif] [ / icon_lol. gif] [ / icon_lol. gif]
It ' s just the vino in the beer fridge that keeps calling me from the utility " pissst, Kelly were in here "............... D@mn that box of wine!!!!!! [ / icon_lol. gif]
Kelly [ / icon_rolleyes. gif]
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Whereabouts: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Fri Jun 13, 2008 5: 46 pm    Post subject:
[ / icon_lol. gif] I did that the other day with a rice krispie cake! My mind was elsewhere and my four years old soul mate gave me a cake. We deserve acclaim for spitting the stuff out methinks! [ / icon_lol. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Latitude: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Fri Jun 13, 2008 8: 58 pm    Post subject:
Kelly... my box of wine wouldn ' t shut up so I poured it out. [ / icon_wink. gif]
Tril
Noor
Well-known Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Sat Jun 14, 2008 10: 16 am    Post subject:
everyday I go for a walk but yesterday I decided to take another beat, a more lively one, so I walked along the shops in the main road, and I decided to pop in a small turkish supermarket to buy a bottle of water.
as soon as I walked in there was that smell of bread and some turkish sweets with nuts, the smell was so strong.. then I saw a shelf full of freshly scorched bread with cheese, bread with olives, sweets, halwa.... I swear I felt that I have to leave, I couldn ' t figure out [ / icon_cry. gif]
and for a minute I was thinking: " what if I have a piece [ / icon_rolleyes. gif] nothing will happen, just a piece... " then I decided not to, because one piece will make the second one easy and the third even easier..
ah, I went home feeling miserable, just to find out that one of our friends is coming to visit, and guess what, he bought lots and lots of CHOCOLATES [ / icon_cry. gif] [ / icon_cry. gif] [ / icon_cry. gif], he just came back from switzerland.. I felt so bad [ / icon_cry. gif] all of these things were calling me yesterday and I ' m really craving..
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Whereabouts: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sat Jun 14, 2008 11: 11 am    Post subject:
Have you ever heard of the " seafood " diet? You SEE FOOD and eat it. The sight and smell of foods can trigger severe cravings... even if you don ' t eat any of it. Congrats on resisting those cravings!!!! That ' s so hard to do! If you ' re still tempted by the chocolates, remind yourself that if you think cravings set off by seeing or smelling food is bad... cravings set off by EATING those foods is 100 times worse! You don ' t want to do that to yourself... right???
With years and years of dieting experience I ' ve learned a few things that get me through tough times. Like the gift of chocolates... here ' s how I look at things that I shouldn ' t include in my diet. They were a gift given in love and received in love. What you do with them AFTER that is totally up to you, gifts don ' t come with strings attached. Send a thank you note and then get rid of them. Give them away or throw them away. Yes, throw them away. Why? Because GONE IS GONE.
Let me say that one more time... it ' s important...
GONE IS GONE.
Does it matter to anyone but you how the chocolate ( or any food / treat ) becomes gone? Does it??? Whether you put it in the trash or you put it on your hips... gone is gone. Whether you give it away, throw it away or eat it... it ' s gone. Why treat your body like a trashcan? Why put it on your hips, your butt, your stomach, your arms, your thighs... when you can put it somewhere else? Try to appreciate the MESSAGE of the gift without actually eating it. If you can ' t throw it away, regift it. Drop it off at a shelter, at a nursing home, at a food pantry. Just get it out of your house.
Remember... gone is gone. Whether you eat it or get rid of it, it ' s gone. Make the best choice for YOU.
Tril

No comments: