Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

New to Atkins
Author
Message
jho2112
New Member
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2
Where: Ferndale, MI
Mon Apr 14, 2008 1: 00 am    Post subject: New to Atkins
Hello all... my name ' s John. I ' ve heard about the Atkins diet many times, not just on the television but through friends and friends of friends, their success stories and seen the results in person. I ' m excited to start it, but if there are any suggestions you might have for me, please let me know.
A little about me and my current weight, I ' m 6 ' 5 ", about 265 lbs, and I ' m buoyant to lose around 40 lbs by mid September, which is the time of my brother ' s wedding. I ' ve always been known as the tall skinny guy carrying a container, and it was funny at first but after a while it really started wearing on me. I ' m willing and ready to ceding anything to lose this weight, be it beer, liquor, fatty foods, pop, anything. I even quit smoking a couple weeks ago and signed up with the gym around the corner from my house. Again, any input you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and I look forward to chatting with you all! [ / icon_smile. gif]
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Mon Apr 14, 2008 4: 24 am    Post subject:
Hello, John and welcome!
The first and foremost thing you should do is read the book - " Dr Atkins ' New Diet Revolution ". The diet is not as simple as the media present it...
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
molley
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 839
Location: VT
Mon Apr 14, 2008 9: 32 am    Post subject:
I just got done posting a comment on the article about the golden shot. Read up on it! It ' s the post right below this one.
Also, drink a BUNCH of water. Half your body weight in ounces of water everyday because ketosis is a hydraulic process. That means that if your ketone bodies don ' t have water available, you don ' t have energy available.
Best,
Molley
jho2112
New Member
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2
Location: Ferndale, MI
Mon Apr 14, 2008 2: 16 pm    Post subject:
Thank you, and that article was great. I ' ve always thought about dieting and done research on all the different kinds of diets, but never took it seriously until now. I ' ve recently been having heart palputations, I spoke to my doctor, and all he had to tell me was that I ' m not getting enough exercise, I ' m not eating properly, and I need to lose weight. Now I know I MUST to take it seriously. So hopefully this is my Golden Shot! I ' m well - prepared to give up those tasty treats, pops and fast foods, and I ' ll be sure to keep you posted on my progress. Thanks for the support!

No comments: