Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Rings bell.......... * * * ding - a - ling * * * *
Author
Message
kellyjane
Hackneyed Member
Joined: 30 May 2008
Posts: 64
Site: England
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4: 13 am    Post subject: Rings bell.......... * * * ding - a - ling * * * *
.... wakey wakey rise and shine....... its now 5. 14 am in England........ what time is it where you are???
Does anyone else wake up realllllly early on this diet plan? as I don ' t need to sleep as much as I used to, is that a good thing? I am sure I read finally that you lose weight when you sleep or when your body is resting, was it in the book? as I have looked but can ' t seem to find it... if so I might go back to post and try and lose 0. 5lb LOL
Kelly [ / icon_rolleyes. gif]
kirstyb1
Acknowledged Member
Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 83
Situation: Glasgow
Fri Jun 13, 2008 6: 59 am    Post subject:
i seem to be getting up at 6am, and going to my foothold at 10pm, very ununsal for me
kiss
Noor
Common Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Fri Jun 13, 2008 8: 53 am    Post subject:
I wake up at 6 to feed my baby, and I do my best that broad goes back to sleep, so I can sleep till 9 or 10 [ / icon_cool. gif]
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 326
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10: 40 am    Post subject:
i find that you sleep less ( or more normally ) since your blood sugar is more comparable and insulin production is moderate.
As long as you are feeling rested - even at 05: 14 - its a very good thing!
batlou
Established Member
Joined: 02 Apr 2008
Posts: 124
Fri Jun 13, 2008 1: 53 pm    Post subject:
I am without questions sleeping better at night that I was abbot to atkins. I went through a short spell however, where I could not get to sleep. But that soon passed. My wife says I hardly snore anymore where before I could peel the whitewash off the walls. Hmm... perhaps that explains her seemingly sudden support of this lifestyle? [ / icon_confused. gif]
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Fri Jun 13, 2008 5: 43 pm    Post subject:
I sleep better too. I no longer need naps [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
daffodyllady
Certified Member
Joined: 10 May 2008
Posts: 61
Locale: virginia
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10: 37 pm    Post subject:
well, I rise and try to get at least a slight element out, every time my 4 yr old foster daughter wakes me at night. Bobby-soxer seems to have issues of insecurity at present. has to come wake mommy up two or three times at night, just to make sure I eventuate in her life.
Each time, I have to swallow all kinds of abominable words that are attempting to rise to my lips, and say stuff like, " Oh sweety, it is still dark exterior, you need to be sleeping in your lining. " And then I have to get up and lope her back to her own little beddy bye, and then drag myself back to my pillow. If I snore, I don ' t even care. I deserve to snore!
Frankly though, the nights I get enough sleep, I weigh less in the AM. I know I would lose more quickly if I could just sleep off my enervate!
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Whereabouts: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10: 58 pm    Post subject:
That whack my heart. [ / icon_sad. gif] Poverty-stricken kid... just needs to know that not everyone is going to let her down / leave, huh? I wonder if you gave her something to sleep with... not a stuffed animal... but something she knew YOU cared about ( a pillow, a silk scarf, a t - shirt even ). You could tell that you would NEVER, EVER leave the " thing " behind if you had to leave... so as long as that " thing " is still in bed with her, she can be sure that YOU are still asleep in your bed and not gone. Although, at four... she ' ll probably still need to make sure for awhile.
Kudos for being a foster mom, btw.
Tril
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Sat Jun 14, 2008 9: 01 am    Post subject:
That ' s brilliant. My siblings are all adopted and they would be nowhere near as secure as they are now if it wasn ' t for their foster families. It ' s a hard job, but so worthwhile. You are a really good person.
daffodyllady
Established Member
Joined: 10 May 2008
Posts: 61
Location: virginia
Sat Jun 14, 2008 2: 45 pm    Post subject:
Hey, these two little ones are such a joy! I currently am fostering a 4 yr old girl, and her little 2 yr old brother. They are currently bringing their music toys and playing multiple tunes at the same time... driving me crazy. One is standing on the arm of my chair here, begging hold me... end of typing for the moment.
Whew! ( 20 minutes later ) What a zoo! One gets on the lap, and they have to fight over who gets the attention! Taking turns falling off my lap upside down seems to be the current attraction here.
These little ones came to me severely neglected. Their birth mother left them go months with no bath... very bad nutrition... no medical attention, etc.
They are learning to talk, finally, with intense interaction and therapy. This is my job. It is called therapeutic foster care. So I can meet their tremendous needs 24 - 7.
I think I have figured out a way to get my sleep, and meet her needs for the moment... a thin floor bed ( not too comfortable ) stored under my bed, pulled out at night for when she comes to find Mommy. She will just curl up and sleep beside my bed. I am a single mom, so theres no problem with it short term.
I know, I know, eventually she is going to have to sleep in her own bedroom, but for now, I think she needs her infant - stage needs met, which is mommy available at all times. When that need is completely met for a while, then she will progress beyond that point.
Maybe I can get my sleep this way, and lose a little more weight.
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Sat Jun 14, 2008 8: 02 pm    Post subject:
LOL, the not - too - comfortable bed seems like a great idea! I think you are right that she is so very vulnerable now that emotional comfort should outweigh discipline, for a while anyway.
It is such a very fabulous thing you are doing... The therapeutic foster care, I mean. You have my deepest respect - it must be probably difficult at times, but it is such a noble thing to do.
Hugs to your little ones! And to yourself, warmest wishes of uninterrupted sleep... [ / icon_lol. gif]

No comments: