Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 11, 2008

Eating no more than 15 grams of carbs
Author
Message
Fiona
Acknowledged Member
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 135
Location: Western New York
Mon Oct 08, 2007 4: 42 pm    Post subject: Eating no more than 15 grams of carbs
I started a week ago, I am eating fine, a really elegant and delicious food indeed. I feel great, my ketosticks are deep purple and I am not constipated. I craved for carbs only the first two days.
I eat no more than 17 grams of carbs, ( sometimes 14 and sometimes 17, but I eat enough veggies ) and between 1300 to 2, 000 calories daily. I am very disciplinated and weigh everything I eat and pencil my diary in Fitday ( which I recommend to everyone ).
I want to loose 37 lbs in procedure to be a 130 lbs. woman.
.... And the good news is that I have lost 8. 4 lbs so far!!!! [ / icon_eek. gif]
I am affraid that I will wake up and realize that I have not lost a pounds and I was only dreaming!
I am thrilled!!!!
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Whereabouts: Warsaw, Poland
Mon Oct 08, 2007 4: 45 pm    Post subject:
Congratulations on your success!
But you should really aim for 20 g... 14 is way too low. You do need those carbs.
Fiona
Established Member
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 135
Location: Western New York
Mon Oct 08, 2007 6: 04 pm    Post subject:
Thank you!!!
I was reading the book ( as a matter of fact I read it and read and read it, lol ) and at the end of the induction part Dr. Atkins refers to 15 grams of carbs as a normal number for many, and I take vitamins.
this is my normal menu
1 cup of coffee ( I know I shouldn ' t but I have never been a huge carbs craver and for what I understand the main reason for not taking coffee is to avoid those cravings
2 tbs half and half
1 splenda
2 eggs with ham
1 oz guyere cheese
some drops of Cholula hot sauce ( no carbs here )
Lunch
one frankfuter folded in
1 slice bacon
1 cup green salad w /
1 small stalk of celery
2 tbs ranch dressing
2 tbs bacon bits
1 tsp grated parmesan cheese
Dinner
8 oz marinated chicken breast, other times is porkloin or sirloin.
Marinade
s tsp olive oil
1 garlic
1 tbsp dijon mustard
. 5 tsp worcestershire sauce
pinch of cumin
anoter cup of salad like the one I ate for lunch with celery, one slice of tomato and one a tiny slice of onion.
1 Jell - o sugar free11 октября 2008 г.

No comments: