Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 11, 2008

Almost a week 1 / 2, hangin in there
Author
Message
LuckyCat
New Member
Joined: 09 Wreck 2007
Posts: 16
Fuse Mar 21, 2007 1: 44 pm    Post subject: Almost a week 1 / 2, hangin in there
Hi gang! Hope all is well with everyone else!
Been at this almost a week an a half. I ' ve been very good at watching my eating omit I relaxed a little for St. Patrick ' s day ( but didn ' t go overboard. ) I did allow myself the treat of a babyish bowl of ice cream with flourless brownie on Friday night and Saturday night I had a couple of glasses of wine and one mixed drink with tonic ( although followed that up with drinking about 6 big glasses of water that night. ) After eating the ice cream a short time later I felt all fidgitty and my heart was pounding a bit. I guess it was a good reminder of why I ' m trying to stay away from the sugar. The wine didn ' t have any negative effects on me erase that I know I shouldn ' t have drank more than one glass. I think in another week I might allow myself a glass of wine with dinner a couple times a week as long as it doesn ' t affect my weightloss.
The weight is coming off real slow but as long as it ' s moving in the down direction, I ' m happy. Weighed myself today and I broke the 175 barrier, down to 174 so I think that ' s about 4 pounds weightloss total. Not bad. I ' ll keep plugging along and see how it goes. But oh how I miss my chocolate bars & Starbucks mochas during the work day!!! Now it ' s lots of Tea w / Stevia, some unsweetened carob chips, and the treat of a dry decaf no - sugar cappachino.
I was doing some research into Stevia and a couple websites said some studies showed that it might act as a mild carb - blocker and rats feed it as part of their diet lost weight. However most of the studies on it have been done in Japan and South America so there aren ' t many study results available in english. Anybody else find using Stevia while on Atkins seems helpful for weightloss?
[ / icon_smile. gif]
Cat
D14965
Conscious Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Where: Geelong Australia
Thu Pollute 22, 2007 1: 17 am    Post subject:
Hi Cat ( waving )
I would recommend staying right away from the alcohol and other store during induction. Doing a " clean " induction - - - ie - - no cheats - helps you to beat the carb cravings which is part of the reason we do induction. I would probably stick with the induction phase a little longer to kick the carb habit properly unalike you might find yourself tempted to desultory all the time and i would say it will definatley affect your weight loss.. As the Good doctor says - - even straying from the plan a teeny bit during induction is the " kiss of Grim reaper "!!! and " just a little bit wont hurt " will hurt because your body will go back to burning carbs for fuel instead of fat and then take time to get back into ketosis. You dont want to be undoing all the good work you have been doing so far. I make atkins friendly cheesecake and desserts for when i get a craving ( and I just love desserts! ) you can even make your own induction friendly icecream. I know its hard eating out with others - - especially when they are hopping into the goodies - - but try to keep the prize in sight and be strong. My partner and i ate at an all you can eat restaurant just this past saturday and there was a lot of temptation there but i was a good girl and didnt cave in to it and i was rewarded the next day with another kilo gone on the scales!! [ / icon_lol. gif]
Good Luck!
Donna
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Location: St. Paul, MN
Thu Mar 22, 2007 3: 11 pm    Post subject:
I use stevia from time to time, it is a good ingreedient to have around.
You won ' t find much on it published in the us. The american sugar industry has waged a long war to keep it out of foods and off the shelves. I think it still can ' t be sold in the US as a sweetner, though it is undeniably sweet.
LuckyCat
New Member
Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 16
Fri Mar 23, 2007 2: 57 pm    Post subject:
Thanks for your replies. Well today is my official end of week two and I lost 6 pounds! It looks like I ' m on the right track.
[ / icon_smile. gif]
I bought a cookbook by George Stella ( Eating Stella Style is the cookbook name? ) and tried out his General Tsao ' s Chicken and also the Cauliflower pilaf last night. Yum!!!! ( It tasted great and I swear it kicked up my metabolism! ) Managed to find some of those real small red chinese peppers like they put in the real chinese food and used that instead of the chili paste. Next time I might look into trying a soy flour or nut flour breading on the chicken too to make it more like the real thing.
Also had an idea to try to make an atkins friendly chocolate cupcake... maybe I ' ll experiment a little with that this weekend. If it turns out good I ' ll share the recipe.
Cat
harleylady
New Member
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 25
Fri Apr 06, 2007 9: 33 am    Post subject:
what is steva, where do yo get it if it is off the shelves in usa?
so is it really sweet? better than spelenda and equal mixed? i love to mix splenda and equal..
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
quote= " Bliss Pirate " ]I use stevia from time to time, it is a good ingreedient to have around.
You won ' t find much on it published in the us. The american sugar industry has waged a long war to keep it out of foods and off the shelves. I think it still can ' t be sold in the US as a sweetner, though it is undeniably sweet. [ / quote]
harleylady
New Member
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 25
Fri Apr 06, 2007 9: 34 am    Post subject:
Bliss Pirate wrote:
I use stevia from time to time, it is a good ingreedient to have around.
You won ' t find much on it published in the us. The american sugar industry has waged a long war to keep it out of foods and off the shelves. I think it still can ' t be sold in the US as a sweetner, though it is undeniably sweet.11 октября 2008 г.

No comments: