Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 13, 2008

back to square one
Author
Message
happyginny
Plain Member
Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 49
Direction: PA
Fri Aug 01, 2008 6: 32 pm    Post subject: back to square one
[ / icon_sad. gif] I am now on day 5 of induction, after a long hard jump off the Atkins wagon. I had lost 30 pounds last time and just... I don ' t know... gave up? gave in? Have put 13 of those hard lost pounds back on. I have vowed to chase through this time, to succeed the WOL. Some how, it feels as though I had an enlightenment, almost like a religious eye infancy. Anyone else ever felt like that? I guess the similarities of reading the book and then following what is outlined for me struck a tether inside of me.
Anyway.. I am glad to be back and can ' t wait to have some more of the yummy crustless quiche! That is my all time favorite.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Locale: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Fri Aug 01, 2008 6: 44 pm    Post subject:
Welcome back, Ginny! Crustless quiche sounds REALLY good... thanks for the suggestion! [ / icon_wink. gif]
Tril
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Whereabouts: San Jose
Fri Aug 01, 2008 7: 07 pm    Post subject:
Hi, Ginny! Why the sad frontage? You ' re doing something great for yourself!
I think I know what you mean about the moment of enlightenment. I think that ' s what I had last December when I decided to go on Atkins, plus set several other goals that I would work towards this year. It ' s like I made an resolute decision.
I decided to go back on Induction also, starting last week. I had been in OWL for a couple of months, but stalled, so I ' m jump - starting my weight loss and then I ' ll gradually move back into OWL.
I love the crustless quiche too! Have you tried it with crab, swiss cheese, parmesan, and broccoli? YUM!
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Fri Aug 01, 2008 7: 23 pm    Post subject:
That ' s funny, Karen... my favorite is crab, cheddar and broccoli! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Rooley
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Sep 2003
Posts: 365
Location: England UK
Sat Aug 02, 2008 11: 42 pm    Post subject:
Welcome Ginny!
loser lady
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 233
Location: Deep South
Sun Aug 03, 2008 1: 41 pm    Post subject:
Ginny I know exactly what you mean about enlightenment. For me, it was like a moment of clarity I ' d never experienced before. Sort of, so THIS is what I need! This is how I can live like " other " people. After more than two months, I ' m getting used to the WOE but I ' m still amazed about the clarity.
Hey, I think you should be congratulated for keeping 17 off! And thanks for mentioning those quiches. I can ' t wait to try these!
happyginny
Established Member
Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 49
Location: PA
Sun Aug 03, 2008 4: 00 pm    Post subject: thanks for replies
The one thing I remember most about this board is the unconditional support you receive. If you are having a bad day, or a good day, people on here care.
I am very proud to have kept a chunk of weight off, and am trying to work on my desire to always do things perfectly. That can be a real deal breaker in changing your way of eating!

No comments: