Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

Convenience foods
Author
Message
barbimathisen
Noted Member
Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Posts: 189
Bearings: Renton, WA
Thu Aug 07, 2008 1: 01 am    Post subject: Convenience foods
I was desperately seeking a few convenience foods for when time is of the essence and I think I found a few and wondered if any of you have tried them. I found that South Beach has a frozen meal that really seems to meet Atkins induction rules. It ' s the Caprese Chicken meal. Also, Safeway has a new line of fully cooked chicken breasts and a couple of them contained sugars but I got the buffalo style chicken breasts. I added one to a salad with grape tomatoes and blue cheese dressing and it ' s AWESOME!! Does anyone have any others?
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Direction: Wisconsin
Fri Aug 08, 2008 6: 56 am    Post subject:
Man pitch those south beach pieces of crap.
It may have 3 grams of fiber but those 9 grams of sugar are not doing you any favors. A little beef or turkey jerky is just as convenience as that stuff is, ego trip you can find non sugared jerky, which I ' ll admit can be a pain sometimes.
I ' m pretty tired but I ' ll come up with better convenience foods tomorrow morning.
Deviled Eggs always kick butt, you can make a weeks worth in 30 gazette on sunday.
It actually takes longer to get that thing out of the box, in the microwave, cut the slits, take it out, burn your finger, and eat the pieces of frozen cardboard aka vegetables, than it would to grab a head of romaine lettuce, take your cauliflower head and smash it ( lol thats my method ) toss some mayo on the romaine leaf, toss some cauliflower on it, a couple slices of cheese and a piece of roast beef or turkey or some bacon strips and have a rollup sandwich
barbimathisen
Established Member
Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Posts: 189
Location: Renton, WA
Fri Aug 08, 2008 8: 41 am    Post subject:
I haven ' t been able to find jerky without sugar. I think I ' m going to have to order some online. As for the deviled eggs, I thought that was an excellent idea last week. In fact, I made 18 of them and by the time I woke up the next day my darling family had polished them off. Apparently they ' re a hit. I like the roll - up idea though.
Nik@Night
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 165
Location: Seattle, Washington
Fri Aug 08, 2008 4: 33 pm    Post subject:
Make a bunch of Egg Mock muffins ahead of time. They are cheap to make, portable and super yummy.
Niki
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Fri Aug 08, 2008 5: 47 pm    Post subject:
Crustless Quiche freezes very well. You can freeze it in individual portions and just pop in the microwave when you need it.
barbimathisen
Established Member
Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Posts: 189
Location: Renton, WA
Fri Aug 08, 2008 7: 47 pm    Post subject:
Thanks Niki and Bluehex. I haven ' t tried either of those recipes yet but I will.

No comments: