Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Had this forum bookmarked for 4 years
Author
Message
maiden guahan
New Member
Joined: 26 Pollute 2008
Posts: 3
Locus: Fresno, California
Conjugate Blemish 26, 2008 5: 52 am    Post subject: Had this forum bookmarked for 4 years
Yep thats right 4 years but never registered. I have had success before with Atkins losing 45 lbs and keeping off 35 after my pregnancy 4 years ago. After giving birth however, I never made it past the induction phase. Today I went to the doctor to get new glasses because at 39 years old, I thought I needed bifocals because I could not read my computer stifle and my glasses were too strong for the distance.
My optometrist told me he saw changes in the veins in my eyes and if I did not get my diabetes under control I would lose my eyesight. Talk about scary! I know the risks of diabetes, I have connections who lost their sight and limbs. Medication does not help keep my sugar levels in check and I have no will power. I thought maybe with support from others I could probably do this. So here I am. I am 5 feet tall and 190 lbs.
I go back to the doctors tomorrow and I will talk to him about my struggles and hopefully I can start on atkins again. I want to see my 4 year old daughter graduate, get married and have babies. The thought of not being able to see any of that or worst yet not being around scares me. So here I am, I figure if I put my self out there and have to be accountable to others maybe I can do it.
Anyone else going through the same struggles are welcome to contact me.
Maiden in Fresno, CA
Rooley
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Sep 2003
Posts: 365
Location: England UK
Wed Mar 26, 2008 11: 39 am    Post subject:
Welcome back! if you have lost a large amount before with atkins, you know you can do it again, and it sounds like you have the reasons to motivate you! You WILL feel better even after 10 days, and see the difference, and if you can do something then about your diabetes and it makes a difference then go you! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]

No comments: