Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

New on the block... HELP!: o )
Author
Message
Vancity
New Member
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 29
Station: Vancouver, BC
Fri May 30, 2008 6: 43 pm    Post subject: New on the block... HELP!: o )
STARTING WEIGHT: 238 LBS
GOAL WEIGHT: 165 LBS
Hello Everyone! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
I am a 23 year old, full time student and full time at work. I started the program on Sunday, May 18th. 2008.
I just started the program on Sunday, May 18th and it ' s my first day on this forum. I found it really hard at first to think of all that protein and fat I had to consume but I am slowly getting used to it.
I weighed 238 lbs on May 18th and weighed myself a week later on May 25th and I was down to 228lbs... so I lost 10 pounds which was awesome in the first week but I am on day 12 now and the scale hasn ' t budged from that 10 pounds. Should I be worried?? Is this normal? [ / icon_rolleyes. gif]
My pants and shirts are feeling looser on me. And the truth is I have been crazy busy at work and haven ' t been able to go to the gym at all in the past two weeks, but I am starting today, I ' ll be hitting the gym 2 hours a day, 6 days a week.
I am going to stay on Induction as much as I can. The only problem is that before reading all the posts, I was drinking a can of diet coke everyday.. I know I am bad... [ / icon_redface. gif]
I am not craving sugar anymore which is awesome and flaky at the same time, I can ' t believe it!
It ' s great to see such a big group of great people supporting one another.
I live with my little partner and nymphet is as skinny as can be and nymph eats junk 24 hours a day and doesn ' t gain a pound and still looks like a model... so she would never be able to understand nor support me in what I am doing so it would be great to have support from all of you!!
Am I on the right track??
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE & LOOKING FORWARD TO EVERYONE ' S REPLY
watchoutworld
New Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 21
Location: Kent UK
Sat May 31, 2008 2: 53 am    Post subject:
The thing about fat cells is that as you lose fat, your body will replace that loss with water. This keeps your fat cells the same size and weight.. It ' s the body ' s way of ensuring you are not starving when it begins to lose all this fat. After a few days, it realises that food is still being eaten, you ' re not going to starve and so it lets that water go. Your fat cells shrink and you lose a gush in weight... until your body thinks you are starving again. This can give the impression that you are stalling or just not doing it right but this cycle is often the way it goes. Drinking lots or water helps this.
THE MORE YOU DRINK... THE QUICKER YOU SHRINK!!!
Good luck sweetie! We ' re all in this together!!
xx Karen
25th May - 20st 8lbs
28th May - 20st 2lbs
30th May - 20st 8lbs lost [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Location: North Carolina
Sun Jun 01, 2008 7: 40 pm    Post subject:
That is what we like to call the Whoosh Fairy around here. That is when all of sudden you drop 2 + pounds after staying stagnant for a couple of days. [ / icon_smile. gif]
Vancity
New Member
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 29
Location: Vancouver, BC
Sun Jun 01, 2008 9: 37 pm    Post subject:
I am at my 2 weeks today and this is my progress so far...
START: MAY 18th - 238 LBS
WEEK 1: MAY 25th - 228 LBS
WEEK 2: JUN 01st - 225 LBS
13 pounds lost so far...
watchoutworld
New Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 21
Location: Kent UK
Thu Jun 05, 2008 9: 09 pm    Post subject:
[ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Hey!! Well done... fairly new here too.. surprised at how few people post replies and didn ' t want you to feel neglected. Keep going!! xx K
Vancity
New Member
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 29
Location: Vancouver, BC
Thu Jun 05, 2008 9: 55 pm    Post subject:
Thank you!! Everyone here is really great and the best motivation for me!! I don ' t think I could have done it if it wasn ' t for everyone ' s posts and great tips on here!
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Thu Jun 05, 2008 10: 54 pm    Post subject:
Thirteen pounds is fantastic! I ' m back on induction after falling of the wagon into an ice - cream cake and if I could lose half that in two weeks I ' d be thrilled! Well done sweetheart! x

No comments: