Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 13, 2008

Hello I am New: D
Author
Message
Lottie
New Member
Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 2
Thu Jul 31, 2008 11: 59 am    Post subject: Hello I am New: D
Have been reading this, since yesterday and today felt audacious enough to register!
I am on day 4 in induction.... I weighed myself today and already lost 5 pounds ( probably water I am guessing? )
It ' s my first time on Atkins. I started at 158 pounds and my target is 119 pounds. I am female and 5 foot 2.
For the first three days I nearly gave in - the cravings were worse than when I gave up smoking ( must be addictive type! ) but on day 4 suddenly I am feeling better. My appetite has reduced a bit so I am not so " focused " on thinking food food food ( chocolate chocolate chocolate ).
One thing that has got me through is Green Tea... seems to help me.
Anyway just wanted to say hello. I am so worried I won ' t make it to my target and will cave in after 2 / 3 weeks so thought posting would keep my resolve higher.
peck
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Where: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Thu Jul 31, 2008 12: 03 pm    Post subject:
Welcome to the forum and to Atkins! Sounds like you ' re off to a great start... weight loss has started and your hunger is diminishing. [ / icon_smile. gif] Glad you took the chance and posted. Having support is KEY to weight loss. Post often... those that do feel more connected and it really helps when the going gets tough to know that others are pulling for you and believe in you.
You might want to start a journal, too!
Tril
Lottie
New Member
Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 2
Thu Jul 31, 2008 12: 10 pm    Post subject:
Thanks Tril [ / icon_smile. gif] I have read your posts and they are so helpful.
x
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Thu Jul 31, 2008 1: 07 pm    Post subject:
I ' d second that journal. When I first started induction I thought i was at about 1700 calories and 17 or so carbs a day... then I started keepinga journal and realized I was at 2600 calories and almost 30 carbs every day.....!
You would be amazed the things that get snuck into you by yourself if you ' re not really tracking what ' s being eaten.
loser lady
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 233
Location: Deep South
Thu Jul 31, 2008 10: 32 pm    Post subject: May I contribute?
The journal here is a good idea and, as you know, the folks here are wonderful. I want to talk about worry because this is something I understand. I ' ve been on almost every reducing program, legitimate and il -, over the years, have lost tons ( literally ) of weight and gained even more and by this year my concern wasn ' t " will I lose weight? " but " when will I give up because I can ' t sustain this WOE any longer? " Now, the day isn ' t over but I ' ve been ( with the exception of one meal ) induction constant since 5 / 24 / 08 and my cravings dropped after the first 48 hours. They haven ' t been back; not once. I ' m at about the spot now where I started to white - knuckle it last time but now I ' m serene. I ' m reacting differently to stress than the way I used to so I ' m beginning to think this, for me, is what works. I guess what I ' m trying to say is try to focus on what your program is and what you are doing every day instead of the worries. You may just find, after a little while, that the worries are melting with the pounds! I hope so. Take care [ / icon_smile. gif]

No comments: