Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

If you are in Ketosis does this mean your doing it right??
Author
Message
pinkprincess
Down pat Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Latitude: cardiff
Accompany Sep 05, 2007 8: 50 am    Post subject: If you are in Ketosis does this mean your doing it right??
I have been using the ketosis sticks and I am in ketosis but my weight loss is very slow, is this because I only have about 20lb to loose??
Is being in ketosis mean your doing everything right??
catsandtrees
Known Member
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 44
Location: Smack in the middle of the UK
Tag on Sep 05, 2007 10: 00 am    Post subject:
I have been told that as long as you are in ketosis which we both are then we are doing it right and maybe we are losing inches rather than weight as this point.
I have lost in inches and my clothes are feeling better but they felt that way 2 weeks ago and have not got looser since so as far as I can tell I have no weight loss and no loss of inches.
I am logging what I eat as well and I am not cheating.
Getting frustrated.
pinkprincess
Conscious Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Situation: cardiff
Clip Sep 05, 2007 1: 23 pm    Post subject:
Hang on in there a little longer
towhook
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 285
Location: Dallas, Tx
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7: 51 pm    Post subject:
Not necessarily. Being in ketosis what we want, but it doesn ' t mean you ' re doing everything right. It means you ' re eating the right things atleast. It doesn ' t tell you if you ' re drinking enough water, exercising enough, getting enough sleep, etc. All things that have an impact on your weight loss.
Most people don ' t drink enough water. The rule of [ / icon_thumright. gif] for water intake is take your body weight in pounds and divide it in half. Drink this number of ounces of water a day OR if it is less than 64, drink 64 ounces. Water is necessary for fat to be metabolized.
You don ' t have to go to the gym to get exercise. House work, walking, biking, anything that makes you get on your feet really.
Sleep is important, though not mention in the book, if I recall. General consensus is more sleep the better. I think 9 hours is recommended.
One other thing. Eat ATLEAST every 6 hours. Skipping meals does not help you at all. To keep your metabolism going strong, you need to feed yourself. Even if you ' re not hungry, eat just a little bit.
pinkprincess
Established Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Location: cardiff
Thu Sep 06, 2007 9: 14 am    Post subject:
Thanks for that I ' m eating the right things but I ' m not sleeping enough I just feel full of energy, I have missed meals because I just don ' t feel hungry and I ' m not drinking enough.
KHOLOBAR
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 965
Thu Sep 06, 2007 12: 26 pm    Post subject:
pink try not to miss meals it is really important on this diet to each 3 meals even if you just have a piece of cheese or something light it help speed up the metabolisim, skipping a meal will make your body hold on to fat.
pinkprincess
Established Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Location: cardiff
Thu Sep 06, 2007 4: 23 pm    Post subject:
thanks I will try not to miss meals even if I eat a mouthful or 2 of something10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: