Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 11, 2008

Potassium?
Author
Message
ROBBIERYAN2
New Member
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Lump together Deface 21, 2007 2: 55 pm    Post subject: Potassium?
I have heard alot about potassium definancy and concerned about this. I take a multi - vitamin but I am still concerned. What does everyone do to warrant they get enough. Am I getting enough potassium with the vitamins or do I need to supplement.
Thanks for your help.
D14965
Familiar Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Situation: Geelong Australia
Thu Deface 22, 2007 1: 23 am    Post subject:
Hi Robbie
Potassium is an necessary mineral.. and one of its functions is to help the body release stored water. If you are deficient in potassium you may find that you have leg cramps. I take a potassium / magnesium supplement daily along with my multivitamin. The dosage on my bottle says 2 tablets 3 times a day.. but i only take 2 tablets in the morning with my multi vitamin as my multi had potassium in it as well. If you are experiencing leg cramps etc it might be a good idea to use a supplement. I also take vitamin C and a calcium supplements
Hope this is of some use!
Donna
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Location: St. Paul, MN
Thu Mar 22, 2007 3: 08 pm    Post subject:
You can switch from normal salt ( Sodium Chloride ) to a " salt substitute " salt made of Potassium Chloride. When I buy it I make sure to get the kind that is 100 % potassium chloride instead of a combo of the two salts.
Making this substitution for just about 1 / 2 the salt I use solves any cramping I get when I ' m ridding my bike alot in the heat of summer.
harleylady
New Member
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 25
Fri Apr 06, 2007 9: 38 am    Post subject: Re: Potassium?
ROBBIERYAN2 wrote:
I have heard alot about potassium definancy and concerned about this. I take a multi - vitamin but I am still concerned. What does everyone do to ensure they get enough. Am I getting enough potassium with the vitamins or do I need to supplement.
Thanks for your help.
i used to get cramps in my ankles and it is a killer, i have to get up and walk around... that is about the only time i miss my fruit ( banana ) so i take presciption potassioum pills the dr gave me when i told him what diet i was doing and how much weight i had lost in a year, he did blood work and i was low in potassium... so i have to take one ( a big big white pill ) once a day11 октября 2008 г.

No comments: