Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

Question about Atkins bars and shakes
Author
Message
ready2lose
New Member
Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 6
Locale: Bluffdale, UTAH
Tue Sep 04, 2007 4: 00 pm    Post subject: Question about Atkins bars and shakes
Hey everyone! This is day one for me on induction and I did a bit of shopping. I noticed when I went to buy the atkins snack bars and shakes that they all have like 21g of carbs... am I reading it wrong as far as how many NET carbs they have?? Please help. Thanks! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Tue Sep 04, 2007 4: 19 pm    Post subject:
Net carbs is determined by taking the total carbs and subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols.
Warning: Most people experience a stall from the bars and shakes.
I personally found the shakes aren ' t as bad at stalling as the bars. And I ' m often ok if I just have one every so often. But I was snoozy for a while and having bars instead of meals ( skipping breakfast & lunch ) and it stalled me big time.
You best choices for foods are foods you cook yourself so you know the ingredients and there is no " fudging ".
Welcome and good luck!
Deborah sw237 cw173 gw145
ready2lose
New Member
Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 6
Location: Bluffdale, UTAH
Tue Sep 04, 2007 7: 46 pm    Post subject:
Thanks for that info! I will try to keep away from them as much as possible, I am usually in a hurry in the mornings, but I may just have to start getting up a little bit earlier [ / icon_lol. gif]
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Tue Sep 04, 2007 8: 13 pm    Post subject:
You don ' t have to do breakfast at breakfast.
I ' m always running late. Generally I make a little extra from dinner and I can nuke and go in the morning. Or just some ham & cheese rollups to munch in the car on the way to work.
Deborah
SupiTweety
Established Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 71
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10: 43 pm    Post subject:
Keep a few boiled eggs in the fridge. Slice and heat 2 of them in microwave and add some cheese and enjoy for breakfast.10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: