Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 9, 2008

Question im not sure of
Author
Message
rinkerx
New Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 28
Spot: PA
Sat Aug 09, 2008 8: 19 pm    Post subject: Question im not sure of
I read the book but I may have read it or not I can ' t remember all of it but, When you are in the induction phase Do you have to eat 12 - 15 establish or veggies?
What if i ate 5 carbs instead of the daily limit of 20?
lukesdiesel
New Member
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 5
Footing: NC
Sun Aug 10, 2008 8: 07 am    Post subject:
I try to eat atleast 10 carbs per day.
sinders
New Member
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Post: queensland australia
Sun Aug 10, 2008 10: 20 pm    Post subject:
i think that you would fail this way of life as you would feel to set, and end up binging. my advice is go back and read the book
jeffkoon
New Member
Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 7
Seat: Marmora, NJ
Sat Aug 16, 2008 3: 32 pm    Post subject:
The last time I tried Atkins, I ate nothing but meat, cheese, and eggs. I was under 6 carbs per day, and the first week I lost 6 pounds. The second week I crashed and burned because I got so sick of meat, cheese, and eggs.
This time, I am eating between 18 - 20 carbs per day, including a plethora of induction veggies. I am also using a number of the great recipes found on the ' Net. I ' m 5 days in, and I ' ve lost 14 lbs. my outlook is so much better this time.
My advice? Follow the book, find some great induction - friendly recipes, and never look back.
Best of luck to you! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Jeff
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Sat Aug 23, 2008 8: 21 am    Post subject:
Yes, you need to eat Induction veggies. You can have either three cups of salad vegetables from the Acceptable Foods list or two cups of salad vegetables and one cup of " other vegetables ". Some examples of " other vegetables " are broccoli, canned pumpkin, asparagus, tomatos. The salad vegetables should not be just iceberg lettuce, though, since it has very little nutritional value. Instead, eat a good variety of dark colored vegetables from the list.
You need the vitamins and minerals, as well as the fiber from vegetables. If you neglect the veggies, you are likely to get constipated. They ' re also a key to forming healthy eating habits.
If you eat from the list as described, you should be taking in about 12 to 15 carbs of veggies. You should have five to eight carbs more in the form of cheese, eggs, and cream. There are no carbs in meat or fish that ' s cooked alone or with just fat.
Since starting Atkins, I ' ve found that I enjoy foods I never liked before, because I learned how to cook them well. For example, brussels sprouts. My mom used to boil them, and they tasted bitter. I learned that if you fry a bit of garlic in butter, then cut the brussels sprouts in half and sautee them until they are golden, they are really delicious, almost sweet.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1322
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Aug 24, 2008 12: 06 pm    Post subject:
Try roasting brussel spouts, Karen!!! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Tril

No comments: