Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

The scale challenge
Author
Message
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Situation: North Carolina
Mon Jan 28, 2008 12: 39 am    Post subject: The scale challenge
Ok, here goes. I am going to try really hard not to weigh myself until Friday. That is 5 days from now. I get hung up sometimes on the number on the scale and I really dont ' want to do that but I become almost obsessed with the scale when I am dieting.
Don ' t be surprised if I fail at this attempt but with your support hopefully I can make it.
clutterbunny
Recognized Member
Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 157
Setting: Bakersfield, CA
Mon Jan 28, 2008 2: 47 am    Post subject:
I gave my scale to my neighbor, boytoy ' s not supposed to let me have it back until next Sunday.
[ / icon_biggrin. gif]
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Spot: North Carolina
Mon Jan 28, 2008 12: 20 pm    Post subject:
Day 1 and I did not get on the scale even though I really wanted to. I should make my husband adumbrate it at last on me that I would never be able to find it and bring it back out on Friday morning. [ / icon_smile. gif] How would I weigh myself then?
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Locus: North Carolina
Tue Jan 29, 2008 12: 21 pm    Post subject:
Ok, so I failed miserably. I just couldn ' t resist the scale this morning. Good thing I was down 3 lbs. [ / icon_smile. gif]
maro
Senior Member
Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 236
Where: pakistan
Tue Jan 29, 2008 3: 16 pm    Post subject:
clutterbunny tht ' s an awesome idea to get rid of the frustration
on the other hand i practice self control... [ / icon_cool. gif] [ / icon_razz. gif] [ / icon_lol. gif]
AKRedHead
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 310
Footing: Anchorage, AK
Tue Jan 29, 2008 8: 37 pm    Post subject: Re: The scale challenge
I hear you... I am a compulsive weigher... I had to get rid of my scale altogether.
- Chelsea
smerbear wrote:
Ok, here goes. I am going to try really hard not to weigh myself until Friday. That is 5 days from now. I get hung up sometimes on the number on the scale and I really dont ' want to do that but I become almost obsessed with the scale when I am dieting.
Don ' t be surprised if I fail at this attempt but with your support hopefully I can make it.
Twinkles
New Member
Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 16
Locale: NC
Fri Feb 01, 2008 11: 51 pm    Post subject: SCALES ARE EVIL
I repeat: Scales are evil. I say let ' s have a hot spot and burn all scales. I will not have one in my house. Instead I go by my clothes. Scales mean nothing.
Get that pair of great jeans out and put them on a hanger. Every week put them on and see what ' s happening. Ok, maybe it ' s a favorite garments, chick, shorts, shirt - - anyhow you know what I ' m saying.
Back away from the scale. Throw out the scale. Burn the scale. You don ' t want to know. I have found that I do much better if I leave scales out of my life.
Just a thought.
Twinkles.
DJJayito
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Location: Florida
Mon Feb 04, 2008 7: 20 pm    Post subject:
LOL!!!!!
That ' s a clever idea.
I weighed for the first time on Feb 1... 186. 5. Since then I have weighed everyday... 186. 5 / 185. 5 / 186. 5 / 187. frustrating, which is why we ' re not supposed to do it.
clutterbunny wrote:
I gave my scale to my neighbor, she ' s not supposed to let me have it back until next Sunday.
[ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Twinkles
New Member
Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 16
Location: NC
Mon Feb 04, 2008 8: 31 pm    Post subject: Scales
Better yet, ship that nasty scale to me in Charlotte, NC. I ' ll never send it back to you. I ' ll put a curse on it and burn it or something. I hate the scale. It ' s like the watch. You know we are slaves to watches, don ' t you? That ' s why I don ' t wear one anymore. Seems when I moved down here from NJ to NC, I not too long after just stopped wearing watches. I wear cowboy boots instead. [ / icon_cool. gif]
I like to concentrate more on how much flatter my belly feels each morning. Each day I feel a little bit lighter when I get out of bed. That ' s better than jumping on a scale for a number. Now, you and I both know that we lose an average of 1 to 2. 5 pounds a week doing this diet, so that ' s enough information. Use the clothing instead, I say. You will grow quite content without having that scale around. I don ' t even think about scales and haven ' t for years. It ' s just about like a UFO now.
DJJayito
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Location: Florida
Wed Feb 06, 2008 6: 42 pm    Post subject:
I bought a brand new scale... One that shows hydration level, in addition to % body fat and weight. What ' s funny is that this new scale has my body fat around 23 %, I think it was. My old one had it around 28 %. I knew that 28 % was wrong.
Twinkles
New Member
Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 16
Location: NC
Wed Feb 06, 2008 10: 17 pm    Post subject: Scales
Well, that sounds nifty, DJJ, but I think I ' ll just stick with my no more scales mantra. I just can never bring myself to being a slave to a number again. I noticed how much slimmer I am looking in the glass of the storm door in the front door of my house today. That ' s enough for me. I know and can feel the weight pouring off. [ / icon_wink. gif]
Twinkles
DJJayito
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Location: Florida
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12: 49 am    Post subject:
YUP! The scale purchase was for the eventual " once a week " weighings. I am one who bases my diet / change of life on how I " feel " my body is looking.
Twinkles
New Member
Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 16
Location: NC
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1: 24 am    Post subject: Scales to fish
DJJ, how are you doing with the search for good seafood - fish specifically?
Anyone else eating more fish than beef lately?
Twinkles [ / icon_question. gif]
DJJayito
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Location: Florida
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1: 38 am    Post subject:
Haven ' t really looked yet. BAD! I know. I just haven ' t had the moment.

No comments: