Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

ASPARTAME TOXICITY REPORT
Author
Message
DJJayito
Familiar Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Seat: Florida
Couple Feb 06, 2008 5: 22 pm    Post subject: ASPARTAME TOXICITY REPORT
This is an FYI message. Not everyone has issues with Aspartame, but I had mentioned my personal troubles with NutraSweet, particularly heated NutraSweet.
First, let me just say that a few years ago I heard a report that stated they found medical proof that aspartame sugared sodas - in the long trot - are actually BAD for diebetics. They eventually start to cause swings in blood sugar levels and weight gain.
I am going to post the Aspartame Toxicity Report...
I am being completely honest when I say during my heavy diet soda drinking days, I experienced more than half of these. I even tested positive for LYME DISEASE. I finally stumbled upon this information when I was searching for a reason for my recent panic attacks and one website had this aspartame toxicity report. When I saw this list, I was inflamed. It explained everything I had been experiencing since the age of 15, when I first started drinking diet sodas.
Here are the side effects / conditions / reactions of heavy aspartame use...
Abdominal Pain
Anxiety attacks
arthritis
asthma
Asthmatic Reactions
Bloating, Edema ( Fluid Retention )
Blood Sugar Control Problems ( Hypoglycemia or Hyperglycemia )
Brain Cancer ( Pre - try studies in animals )
Alive difficulties
burning eyes or throat
Burning Urination
can ' t think straight
Chest Pains
chronic cough
Chronic Fatigue
Confusion
Departure
Depression
Diarrhea
Dizziness
Excessive Thirst or Hunger
fatigue
feel unreal
flushing of front
Hair Loss ( Baldness ) or Thinning of Hair
Headaches / Migraines dizziness
Appeal Loss
Heart palpitations
Hives ( Urticaria )
Hypertension ( High Blood Pressure )
Impotency and Sexual Problems
inability to collect
Disease Susceptibility
Insomnia
Impatience
Itching
Joint Pains
laryngitis
" like thinking in a mist "
Noted Personality Changes
Memory loss
Menstrual Problems or Changes
Migraines and Severe Headaches ( Trigger or Cause From Chronic Intake )
Muscle spasms
Nausea or Vomiting
Numbness or Tingling of Extremities
Other Allergic - Like Reactions
Panic Attacks
Phobias
beggarly memory
Rapid Heart Beat
Rashes
Seizures and Convulsions
Slurring of Speech
Swallowing Pain
Tachycardia
Tremors
Tinnitus
Vertigo
Faculty Loss
Weight gain
Aspartame Disease Mimics Symptoms or Worsens the Following Diseases
Alzheimer ' s Disease
Arthritis
Birth Defects
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Diabetes and Diabetic Complications
Epilepsy
Fibromyalgia
Lupus
Lyme Disease
Lymphoma
Multiplex Chemical Sensitivities ( MCS )
Compound Sclerosis ( MS )
Parkinson ' s Disease
Here ' s the full website...
http: / / www. relfe. com / Aspartame_92. html
anonymousss
New Member
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12: 28 am    Post subject:
Don ' t mean to clog your style and I ' m not saying that Aspartame DOESN ' T cause those symptoms, but it seems to me that a majority of what is listed can happen in every day life whether you use Aspartame or not. The whole list is suggestive of a horoscope, a unnatural validation of what you want to believe. Hope you feel better.
DJJayito
Known Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Where: Florida
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12: 44 am    Post subject:
anonymousss wrote:
Don ' t mean to encumbrance your style and I ' m not saying that Aspartame DOESN ' T cause those symptoms, but it seems to me that a majority of what is listed can occur in every day life whether you use Aspartame or not. The whole list is perfumed of a horoscope, a secretive validation of what you want to believe. Hope you feel better.
I totally engage, which is why I began my post with the " thought " that aspartame does not / will not affect everyone.
HOWEVER... From me being thoroughly healthy in my newish youth, abbot to having nutra sweet - to being SICK SICK SICK with things the doctors could NOT figure out. Eventually, they decided to test me for Lyme Disease. I lived on Long Island - with lots of DEERs. That test ended up positive ( only to later be diagnosed as a false positive ) - to me being perfectly healthy again, 6 months after giving up nutra sweet. That ' s NOT a coincidence.
To add... My first migraine occured at bowling in my sophomore year in high school, which was the very year I started having nutra sweet. The migraines went away ASAP when I gave up nutra sweet. It ' s all ( perhaps in the minds of many ) coincidental, but I ' m sorry... To me... There ' s MUCH MORE TO IT THAN THAT.
Again... I ' m not everyone. I will never say that I am.
anonymousss
New Member
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12: 57 am    Post subject:
Yeah, I totally see your point. It ' s really difficult to avoid Aspartame as well. It ' s in everything! I finally stopped trying to avoid it for that reason and instead found a way to use it to my advantage. I buy these packs called Crystal Light, which is a way to flavor your water ( they come in different yummy flavors! ), whether bottled or in a glass. And despite it having Aspartame as part of its ingredients, it helps me to drink approximately 65 FL OZ of water per day. And seeing as water is incredibly healthy for the body and actually helps to lose weight, I try to weigh in the positive over the negative aspects. It makes me feel pretty good, but then again, like you said, Aspartame may affect people differently. I suppose that ' s the thing about Atkins. Normally, I would suggest drinking healthy juices, but they ' re so full of carbs, it ' s insane.
DJJayito
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Location: Florida
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1: 05 am    Post subject:
yes. and I found that the worst instance of nutra sweet occurs in cooking or sweetening HOT coffee, when nutra sweet breaks down into it ' s bi - products. I will have diet soda ( nutra sweet ) now and then, because it is so unavoidable. BUT... I will never put it in my coffee, or cook with it.
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Thu Feb 07, 2008 8: 27 am    Post subject:
anonymousss, you are not drinking water, you are drinking diet soda....
On Atkins, you must drink a MINIMUM of 64 oz water - plain or sparkling - and all sodas, teas and other drinks come on top of that.
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12: 22 pm    Post subject:
I personally cannot handle nutrasweet / aspartame. I weaned myself on to diet sodas many years ago and got used to the taste but couldn ' t handle the nausea and stomach cramping that developed. Once I figured out what was causing it I started avoiding anything with nutrasweet.
Deborah
DJJayito
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Location: Florida
Thu Feb 07, 2008 7: 32 pm    Post subject:
ildanoch wrote:
I personally cannot handle nutrasweet / aspartame. I weaned myself on to diet sodas many years ago and got used to the taste but couldn ' t handle the nausea and stomach cramping that developed. Once I figured out what was causing it I started avoiding anything with nutrasweet.
Deborah
AMEN! Imagine having those issues, and migraines and panic attacks and chronic fatigue, cold hands and feet, numbness in hands and feet, etc, etc, etc. To some people nutrasweet ain ' t no joke! My issues all went away when I weaned myself off nutra sweet. I ' d say it took 6 months to feel nearly completely better.

No comments: