Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Veggies..
Author
Message
G30st
New Member
Joined: 22 Spoil 2008
Posts: 2
Sat Deface 22, 2008 1: 24 pm    Post subject: Veggies..
Hello all
Hope you are all having a good Easter break...
To my question are the veggies really needed as i cant eat them at all and have not done so for many years apart from potato.
I have been on the Atkins induction now for almost 3 weeks and lost alot of pounds, first week was 10 pounds total now almost 28 pounds, principally water weight i think as i am 6. 6` started of at 330. 4 pounds 23. 1 STONE.
Now without the veggies i am largely on chicken, beef, Fresh Ham, All steaks and making burgers, Eggs and cheese with 7 caress 500ml bottles of water a day and multi vit pellet a day.
And i feel great more energy etc..
So am i missing out not having to eat the veggies?
Cheers ALL..
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Setting: San Jose
Thu Apr 03, 2008 8: 20 pm    Post subject:
You say you can ' t eat veggies at all, could you explain? Do you have a medical aspect that makes it dangerous for you to eat vegetables? I ' ve never heard of one that affects a person like that. If that ' s the case, your doctor should talk to you about supplements you need to take. On Atkins, you get many of your nutrients and fiber from vegetables.
If you just can ' t stand vegetables, that ' s another matter. You can prosper a taste for veggies. I ' ve been trying veggies that are on the Acceptable List that I never tried before. Also, some I tried before and didn ' t like, I ' m finding I like now. When I ate them before, they were prepared badly. Like brussels sprouts - - cut in half and sauteed lightly in butter, they ' re delicious!
towhook
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 285
Location: Dallas, Tx
Thu Apr 03, 2008 8: 31 pm    Post subject:
Brussel sprouts get a bad rap for some reason. They are really good though.
julie61
New Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Fri Apr 04, 2008 10: 22 am    Post subject:
If you can eat veggies but just don ' t really care for them, try steaming cauliflower and then mashing it up with butter and cream cheese. That really tastes a lot like mashed potatoes. Spaghetti squash is also good with butter and parm. When we get need a " carb " fix that ' s what we make for sides.
dafeedil
Established Member
Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Fri Apr 04, 2008 12: 10 pm    Post subject:
towhook wrote:
Brussel sprouts get a bad rap for some reason. They are really good though.
Aren ' t they good? I hated them my whole life until I was pregnant with my middle son, then for some reason I ate one and loved them after that. Green Giant now makes little single serving sizes of Brussel sprouts which I might look for next time I go to the store, since I ' m the only one who will eat them in my family.
Rooley
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Sep 2003
Posts: 365
Location: England UK
Sun Apr 06, 2008 7: 49 pm    Post subject:
I did the cauliflower mash thing today and in the oven to toast the top and it was delicious.
Good luck with finding some veggies you like [ / icon_smile. gif]

No comments: