Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

Any advice please?
Author
Message
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Join Feb 28, 2007 4: 00 am    Post subject: Any advice please?
I have to say I ' m getting discouraged.. I have been on the diet Since Jan. 20 and I ' m down 16 lbs. I fell like it should be comming off much quicker. I have completley stuck to the diet delete I did have one unfolding cheat, after the cheat I began to loose again. Now I ' m already at a standstill again!! I still have 40 lbs to loose! So it ' s not that I have no weight to loose. Any advice will be really appreciated. Thanks!
rcajunprincess
Obvious Member
Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 189
Situation: Enfield CT
Concrete Feb 28, 2007 1: 31 pm    Post subject:
Are you still on induction? What does your menu look like? Are you excersising? and are you in ketosis?
Angela
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Stick together Feb 28, 2007 2: 56 pm    Post subject:
Yes, I ' m still in induction. I have been exercising, I admit at first I wasn ' t working out that much, but I was working out. Now I ' m trying to get 4 - 5 days in a week. I ' m in large ketosis.
A avg daily menu for me is like this. ( yesterday )
breakfast: egg and cheese omlet coffee half and half and equal
snack: pepperoni
dinner: cheeseburger ( no bun ) dressing: mustard to drink.. h20
I feel like I am doing everything right and the weight is just comming off sooo slowly! Anything I can do differently?
rcajunprincess
Avowed Member
Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 189
Locale: Enfield CT
Entwine Feb 28, 2007 3: 22 pm    Post subject:
I would try to stay away from daily consumption of filtered foods like pepperoni ect. It may be causing the slow loss. It can also cause stalls for some people
OK now this may sound kind of gross but are you going to the bathroom regularly?
Your loss may be much larger than you think, but you can ' t tell because of the extra misuse you are carrying with you.
Another thing my doctor told me, was that when you go up and down in weight a stall will always come at a weight your body was at for awhile. The reason for this is that your body remembers its plateaus. When you diet again and you are stuck at a certain weight for a while it regularly because your body remembers being there at some point for a while.
No matter what stick with it. Your 16 lbs lighter than you were when you started, instead of 16 lbs heavier.
I hope this helps
Angela
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Intermix Feb 28, 2007 3: 27 pm    Post subject:
Thanks for the insite Angela. I now am going to the bathroom regularly. I will try to stay away from the pepperonis, etc. I am a BIG follower of them and the slim jims. I ' m going to stick with it.. It just gets discouraging when you come to a standstill.
I just weighed myself and we can now say I ' m down 17lbs. [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
rcajunprincess
Familiar Member
Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 189
Seat: Enfield CT
Mate Feb 28, 2007 3: 35 pm    Post subject:
You know what else. Pepperoni and slimjims are loaded with salt and can cause you to retain fluid. Then it will look like you are not losing very little if any weight.
Woo Hooo! You go girl! Your going to do just fine.
Angela
katty. weber
Popular Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 94
Coalesce Feb 28, 2007 3: 51 pm    Post subject:
retaining water sucks.
i feel u liz.
keep going and i will too. [ / icon_rolleyes. gif]
it has to come off [ / icon_exclaim. gif]
katty.
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Stage: St. Paul, MN
Thu Damage 01, 2007 4: 14 am    Post subject:
Looking at what you ate, I have to ask...
WHERE ARE YOUR VEGI ' S?
3 cups of lettuce or 2 cups of lettuce and 1 cup of listed ( induction ) vegetables per day are REQUIRED if you are doing Atkins.
NO Half n Half. If you have to have cream, you should use heavy or whipping cream only. 1 / 2 and 1 / 2 is 1 / 2 milk - lactose ( sugar ) and all.
Where are your vegi ' s? ( Just wanted to make sure you saw that question... )
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Thu Wreck 01, 2007 4: 35 am    Post subject:
Well Bliss you are right.. My problem is I don ' t eat that much in general. Today I had a salad with some shreded chicken on it and some chicken salad later in the day. I oftentimes have a salad a day, yesterday was just a weird day. Thanks for the input though. I will defintley keep that in my mind. [ / icon_smile. gif]
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Setting: St. Paul, MN
Fri Impair 02, 2007 2: 54 pm    Post subject:
Constipation can be a real problem if you don ' t eat your vegi ' s, and it masks the weight loss you might deviating see.
Vegi ' s care fiber that helps prevent the constipation.
It ' s also important to get some carbs, and the vegi ' s should be your primary source of those carbs.
Glad to hear that what you posted isn ' t your typical menu!
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Mon Impair 05, 2007 3: 19 am    Post subject:
well. well. I am confused about this diet! I checked the scale today and it was not nice! It said that I had gaine 3 - 4 lbs!!!!!!!! It may be constipation.. I ' don ' t know.. Things were going sooo soo well [ / icon_sad. gif]
I DID not cheat. My ketosis stick is practically black.. WHAT is going on!!!!
D14965
Avowed Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Site: Geelong Australia
Mon Damage 05, 2007 10: 43 am    Post subject:
Hiya...
I know things can get discouraging but i risk in a few days teh weight you have gained will be gone. if your ketosis stick is very dark it means you are dehydrated! are you drinking your water?? Also be aware that if you are excercising or live in a hot climate you will need more water than the recommended 64oz. If you are not getting enough water your body may well be RETAINING water ( which would explain the weight gain ) to release retained water you need to drink more water so that your body gets the hint that you are not languishing in a desert some where!!!
Hope this helps!
good luck! DOnna
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Mon Mar 05, 2007 3: 36 pm    Post subject:
DoNNa! Your so right.. That makes so much sense! I went out on Friday and had a bit of hangover SAt. So maybe my body just hasn ' t caught up yet. I checked the scale and unfortunaley it wasn ' t a fluke! I to know it will be off in a few days.. it just is setting back from loosing any additional. [ / icon_sad. gif] I have a goal set for St. PATS!!! I needed to loose 8 lbs now it ' s 11 and I don ' t see it happening.. oh well. My clothes still fit the same..
Thanks again DonnA.
katty. weber
Established Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 94
Mon Mar 05, 2007 4: 50 pm    Post subject:
very good information.
word. of. the. day: WATER [ / icon_exclaim. gif]
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Mon Mar 05, 2007 7: 55 pm    Post subject:
When people ask me the secret to my diet ( lost 30lbs in 7 weeks! ) I tell them " I ' ll tell you but you won ' t do it ".
water water water water water
I drink between 100 - 170 ounces of water a day.
They usually shudder and say it ' s impossible for them to drink that much.
It ' s hard but definately not impossible.
water!
Deborah
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Mon Mar 05, 2007 10: 37 pm    Post subject:
WOW! Debra.. that ' s inSANe! I have been doing much better today. I ' m using a 30 Oz mug and I ' m half done with my second one. Plus I had a bottle of water at the gym. I ' m going to have a healthy salad for dinner. 30 lbs in 7 weeks Good LOrD! Since the 20th of Jan. I have lost 17lbs. that ' s almos half of yours.. H2O welcome!!
katty. weber
Established Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 94
Tue Mar 06, 2007 3: 22 am    Post subject:
excuse me while i go drink the sink.
Shazza
Established Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Fri Mar 09, 2007 9: 14 pm    Post subject:
I am beginning to think I will just take my water bottle to the loo with me. Surely all this exercise from walking up and down the hall must count for something.
Liz, don ' t be discouraged. I have just changed from Weight Watchers to Atkins one and a bit days ago. In the three months I was on WW I lost a whole 6. 8 kilos ( 14lb ). That ' s really not a lot of loss for a three month period. I met a girl recently who has lost 17 kilos ( 36lb ) in the same period and man was I ticked off.
Funnily enough I was not drinking much water on WW. Mostly I was drinking " diet " drinks. That alone could well be my bugbear.
Keep the water coming.
Shaz
D14965
Established Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Location: Geelong Australia
Sun Mar 11, 2007 10: 17 am    Post subject:
[ / icon_eek. gif] taking your water bottle to the loo sounds like a good idea Shazz - - i have been tempted myself lately!!!!! i have to be careful if i have to go on a long drive or some such event where i cant just pee at will!!! I am seriously not going to go poison any gum trees either! might get bitten by a SNAKE!
HEHEHE
DOnna
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Sun Mar 11, 2007 7: 12 pm    Post subject:
I have been doing MUCH MUCH better with the water drinking. Although, I ' m STILL not loosing.. I feel like I have plateaued ( sp ) and I have only been at it, well it will be 2 months on the 20th of this month. I have been exercising.. I try to do cardio atleast 3 - 4 times a week. I just don ' t know what more to do! I almost feel like I need to schedule a cheat to shock my body. AT the same time.. I ' m going to chicago next weekend.. and I need to be @ the goal I set for myself. Which is 160lbs and I ' m now at 167ish = (
I guess I ' ll just hang in there for one more week!!
Shazza
Established Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Sun Mar 11, 2007 9: 12 pm    Post subject:
I am not sure how much it is encouraged on Atkins but have you been taking measurements, Liz? I find that when the scales are being nasty to me sometimes the tape measure shows me more sympathy and proves that what I am doing is working.
Ok
Established Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 47
Mon Mar 12, 2007 2: 37 am    Post subject:
I would recommend avoiding processed foods. In my experience they can be something of a metabolic retardant. At one stage I was losing weight on a continual basis.. then I consumed a frankfurt. Everything stalled. Exercise, very few carbohydrates yet no weight loss.
Since then I eat far more vegetables, subsequently a lot more carbohydrates but practically no processed foods. Once again I am losing a lot of weight, too much on some days.
As others have suggested water is necessary to maintain weight loss. If you stop drinking water your body can no longer sustain the detox process required due to the toxins being released from your body ' s fat supplies.
Try grilling all of your meats.
D14965
Established Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Location: Geelong Australia
Mon Mar 12, 2007 6: 43 am    Post subject:
Hang in there Liz... the same thing happened to me... i think your body may just be adjusting to things.. before you know it the scales will move again.
( ( liz ) )
New Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Mon Mar 12, 2007 3: 17 pm    Post subject:
Thanks everyone! I know I do just need to stick with it. I also need to purchase a tape measure. It ' s true I have found clothes fitting better even when the scale is NOT moving. ( I just don ' t understand it ) I need to stick with the water and eat more veggies. CAn ' t loose that way.
Thanks again!!10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: