Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

I ' m a newbie, hello all
Author
Message
ragdollhugs
New Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 25
Sat Sep 08, 2007 8: 45 pm    Post subject: I ' m a newbie, hello all
Hello all. I am a newbie to the Atkins diet and these boards.
I started the Atkins diet two weeks ago today and am pleased to say I am in Ketosis. I have not cheated a bit, which is saying A LOT for me. * hehe *
I lost a bit of weight before starting this diet, 20 pounds or so, and decided to try Atkins since 1. I need to lose absolutely a bit and 2. My ex husband was very successful on this diet. He was far more overweight than myself and lost about 150 pounds. This was a couple years ago and he has managed to keep about 100 pounds at bay. He gains when he goes off the diet, then re starts and loses again but the big picture is that he has not struggled with the first 100 pounds.
I want to lose about 60 pounds total. Thing is, since starting this diet I am not really losing weight or reducing my inches. What up with that?
I won ' t quit. I just need to figure out what may be hindering my progress. I have a few clues to canter by you, those who are more experienced than myself.
Possibilities:
I take cranberry capsules everyday which I take to prevent chronic UTI.
I am exercising entirely a bit and using weights and resistance exercise. I have heard irreconcilable reports that muscle hike on Atkins will hinder weight loss.
I come from a state of moneyless health and have muscle atrophy. I am feeling healthy no and just getting back to working out after a 5 year work with health. Is it possible that I am so untoned that I am building up fundamental muscle and need to get past that before actual weight and / or inches fall off?
Most of all I just wanted to say hi. I ' m thrilled to have found this site! I have posted elsewhere but I always get passionate Atkins debunkers and it ' s really frustrating to say the least. I have every confidence in this diet after reading and researching quite a bit. And let ' s not forget that 150 weight loss of my ex husband! very motivating.
KHOLOBAR
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 965
Sat Sep 08, 2007 8: 49 pm    Post subject:
Welcome and good luck to you, I feel the same way Im very lucky I found this site.
ebbswoman3
New Member
Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 7
Sat Sep 08, 2007 9: 04 pm    Post subject:
hello ragdollhugs,
in response to your concern re: exercise and weightlifting may hinder weight loss.
Muscle weighs more than fat; however, muscle takes up less room than fat ( not to mention more pleasing to look at ) [ / icon_biggrin. gif]. Personally, I try to avoid weighing myself altogether, and instead take my measurements and let that be my guide as to how much I ' m losing.
Good luck to you!!!10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: