Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

DIET SODA ASSISTANCE
Author
Message
DJJayito
Known Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Site: Florida
Associate Feb 06, 2008 5: 05 pm    Post subject: DIET SODA ASSISTANCE
I know that drinking Diet Soda is just something most of us can ' t live without. I think I made it one full week during induction without diet soda, but then I just couldn ' t take it anymore.
Let ' s come together and help people find the " better " choice Diet Sodas.
As we have read in Atkins ( and I have personal experience with Migraines and MORE with Nutra Sweet products ) Splenda based sodas are better than Nutra Sweet sodas. Next, Caffeine free / Splenda diet sodas are even better. Finally, sodium free / caffeine free / Splenda sodas make the ultimate choice, for Atkins.
It depends where you live, but you can find splenda in certain diet sodas...
Here are some I have found and tried in my many years.
1. Publix brand diet sodas are made with splenda. And they have a mess of flavors. Diet Cola, Diet Caffeine Free Cola, Peak Splash ( lol ), Dr. Publix ( LOL - again ), Diet Root Beer, Diet Bite Lager, and MANY MORE.
2. I haven ' t seen it in ages, but there is / was Diet Coke with Splenda, but that has caffeine.
3. Pepsi one uses Splenda, but also has caffeine.
4. Diet Rite is pretty much the benchmark soda for Atkins, but I can ' t find that all the time. Diet Rite has no sodium, caffeine or aspartame. I have had grape, cola, orange, lemon lime, black cherry... I think there are others.
5. Waist Watchers uses Splenda. I believe, like Diet Rite, no sodium or caffeine. Waist Watchers provided me with my Ginger Ale, when Diet Rite couldn ' t. Jack and Ginger. YUM.
6. Walgreens Diet Coke uses Splenda, but I think it has caffeine.
7. Diet 7Up FOR A BRIEF MOMENT used Splenda.
8. 7Up Plus - I guess removed from the market, used Splenda.
OTHERS? Please add here.
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8: 49 pm    Post subject:
Hansen ' s Diet Natural Soda: black cherry, peach, kiwi strawberry, tangerine lime, ginger ale, root beer and grapefruit.
Jones Sugar Free Soda: cream soda, black cherry, ginger ale, root beer.
bcopith
New Member
Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 25
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9: 12 pm    Post subject:
I ' ve learned too much about artificial sweeteners and have given them up completely. It totally sucks. I have already limited my diet so much and now this. I wish there was a natural sweetener we could use on Atkins that wasn ' t chemically altered. Agave seems to be the best, but it has natural sugars in it ( like fruits do ) but I will probably give that a shot once I ' m in maintenance.
DJJayito
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Location: Florida
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12: 51 am    Post subject:
bcopith wrote:
I ' ve learned too much about artificial sweeteners and have given them up completely. It totally sucks. I have already limited my diet so much and now this. I wish there was a natural sweetener we could use on Atkins that wasn ' t chemically altered. Agave seems to be the best, but it has natural sugars in it ( like fruits do ) but I will probably give that a shot once I ' m in maintenance.
KI - SWEET is a natural sweetener with ZERO carbs. I learned about ki - sweet on the blood type and low glycemic diets. it ' s made from kiwis and it supposedly totally natural. I did NOT like this sweetener, but like I said, it ' s supposedly totally natural and has no impact on blood sugar.
bcopith
New Member
Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 25
Thu Feb 07, 2008 4: 19 pm    Post subject:
I ' ll look into that. Thanks!
bcopith
New Member
Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 25
Thu Feb 07, 2008 4: 35 pm    Post subject:
Hmm, I ' d like to try it, but I can ' t find anywhere that sells it. Do you know where to get it? Thanks.

No comments: