Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

first week over and brand new to the forum.
Author
Message
zookerman182
New Member
Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 24
Fri Nov 10, 2006 7: 39 am    Post subject: first week over and brand new to the forum.
I was browsing the web for a forum for support and i think i found it. I just finished day 7 today and this week has been tough. I started the week at 275 and am at 262 tonight. I am a male and 6 feet tall. I have been eating my 15 - 20 carbs a day and walk around 2. 5 miles a day in roughly 30 - 40 periodical. I do have questions though. I dont think i have been drinking enough water and some people have said this stalls weight loss. Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Bearings: St. Paul, MN
Sun Nov 12, 2006 5: 18 am    Post subject:
I keep a gallon carafe at my desk and work my way through it as best I can... some days I drink the whole gallon, others only half... but drinking through out the day seems the easiest way to get at least the minimum water required by the diet in.
The first week is oftentimes the hardest. So now that your past the conversion from sugar as your primary fuel to fat burning, you will find the cravings go away and your appetite diminish a bit. Both make it much easier to continue loosing weight.
KEEP IT UP, your doing great.
sadair
Acknowledged Member
Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 141
Mon Dec 11, 2006 12: 59 am    Post subject:
welcome and stay.. it will help your weight loss sooooooooo much
Jeff
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2005
Posts: 216
Whereabouts: Vienna, Va
Mon Jan 01, 2007 1: 23 am    Post subject: Hey Zook, keep humpin it!
You are on the right track, keep it up. You are exercising, good... increase it week by week.
Take it day by day, one step at a time, one day you wake up and you are there.
Jeff
Marianne
New Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 22
Location: PA
Mon Jan 08, 2007 11: 03 pm    Post subject: Exercise Question
Hi all, I ' ve been on the diet more or less a few times... I never had to loose too much weight, it ' s always those same 20 - 25 lbs going back and forth....
Being a graduate student and not having time to go the gym, I got myself a treadmill at home, so the question is it enough to walk 30 minutes every day ( 2 miles )?
Please let me know. Thanks.
molley
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 839
Location: VT
Fri Apr 06, 2007 1: 05 am    Post subject:
zookerman - - -
I ' m surpised Bliss pirate didn ' t mention this but the proper amount of water to drink is not the common misconception of 64 ounces a day but half your body weight in ounces a day. And if you exercise a lot, take it up from that. That ' s the bare minimum. Especially being in ketosis - a hydraulic process - you will get thirsty without it. my understanding of it is that your body can convert fat to be almost energy but it needs water for that last step so if you don ' t have it, you ' ll be low on energy AND not burning any. A cruel joke, i know, but there you have it.
Drinking enough water is also a problem I have. If I have water, I drink it, but if I don ' t carry around that bottle with me, forget it, I have no hope. So carry water with you always and drink up.
Congratulations on the loss so far! What ' s your ultimate goal? Aside from not gaining all this weight back, that is.
harleylady
New Member
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 25
Fri Apr 06, 2007 5: 21 am    Post subject: Re: first week over and brand new to the forum.
i love the new flavored ( non carbonated ) waters, in flavors, peach, strawberry, raspberry, lemon, grape, they are awesome and you can pick them up at sams; club or walmart for little of nothing
zookerman182 wrote:
I was browsing the web for a forum for support and i think i found it. I just finished day 7 today and this week has been tough. I started the week at 275 and am at 262 tonight. I am a male and 6 feet tall. I have been eating my 15 - 20 carbs a day and walk around 2. 5 miles a day in roughly 30 - 40 minutes. I do have questions though. I dont think i have been drinking enough water and some people have said this stalls weight loss. Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: