Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Help!! Is there any brand of Bacon not cured with sugar?
Author
Message
cherihill
Confessed Member
Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Position: WEST TEXAS PANHANDLE U. S. A
Sun Feb 24, 2008 4: 10 pm    Post subject: Help!! Is there any brand of Bacon not cured with sugar?
Hi everyone. I was wanting to know if anyone has found a brand of Bacon that is not cured with sugar. I have been having bacon and eggs every morning and consuming the bacon that has been cured with sugar on the label has not affected my wieghtloss for far. However seeing that it has a lil sugar in it, I will lessen my consumption unless some one informs me that there is such a brand I can purchase..
I in fact believe that the stalls people go thru on Atkins when it comes to wieghtloss are these hidden sugars in items such as these that we have to read a little closer to see whats there.. without the magnifying eyes to such fine labels we are sure to stall, get discouraged, and quit.
So Anyone with any suggestions or any experience with food that cause wieghtloss stalls.. I welcome U all to share them with me.. Thank U[ / icon_smile. gif]
pheonixheart
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Posts: 665
Location: Florida
Sun Feb 24, 2008 4: 33 pm    Post subject:
I found bacon that isn ' t cured with sugar or nitrates at my local publix. Not sure if you have publix grocery stores where you are, but I think it was from oscar meyer. I could be wrong about the brand...
It didn ' t seem to cook up very well though, so I switched to a brand I found at either Walmart or Winn Dixie ( don ' t recall which ) that was cured w / o any sugar, but it did have some nitrates. I know they aren ' t the best for you but it cooked up like normal bacon and tasted a ton better too. Maybe that was the oscar meyer one...
But, they are out there - just search your local markets until you find one that has no sugar added or cured w / o sugar on the front - they advertise it usually because it ' s a great selling point [ / icon_biggrin. gif].
cherihill
Established Member
Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Location: WEST TEXAS PANHANDLE U. S. A
Sun Feb 24, 2008 10: 05 pm    Post subject:
Thanks a bunch Pheonixheart.. Now I have hope that I can keep my bacon.. also was wondering if you could tell me how to post a pic of me like you have on your post.. Again thanks: )
pheonixheart
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Posts: 665
Location: Florida
Tue Feb 26, 2008 2: 47 am    Post subject:
It is indeed Oscar Mayer Natural Bacon - no sugar or nitrites - I just picked some up tonight. Has a lot of green on the label... As for the pic - I posted it nearly 4 years ago. I know i had to make it a. gif file to get it to be a small enough file size and then uploaded it to the site. Not sure if you can still do it that way. You may have to put it on an image hosting site like photobucket or freeimagehosting. net and just put the html code in there... We have a technical FAQ forum that has a lot more info on that.

No comments: