Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 12, 2008

I ' ve been thinking...
Author
Message
mandie
New Member
Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 19
Longitude: Essex, England
Sun Aug 17, 2008 6: 58 pm    Post subject: I ' ve been thinking...
Well I ' ve had quite a busy day today. My husband and daughter went to watch a football match and the side they support won 4. 0 so it was smiles all round.
I had been to the garden centre with my son as he wanted to put some plants in the front garden of the house he will be sharing with his fiancee. We had popped to a DIY centre where he bought some white spar gravel to go around the plants and when finished it looked really good - it certainly took my mind off food. I even managed to bake some rock cakes ( a habitual family favourite ) and wasn ' t even tempted to eat one. The garden he planted is a surprise for his sweetheart who has been at work all day. I only hope boytoy likes it!
Later this evening my husband ( who is a real lover ), had amble a hot imagination bath for me and had lit candles all around - it was attractive and whilst laying there I had a good, strong talk to myself about all this Atkins stuff. I have decided my weight loss goal is 20lb and I am DETERMINED to do it. But I also decided that I would set myself up a reward system. Every week if I have stuck ridgedly to the diet I will book myself a beauty treatment - say a pedicure one week, facial another & so on BUT if I know I ' m bound I will cancel the appointment - and if I get to my target weight which I am now so determined to do I will get my teeth whitened.
Yep, its time for me, me, me, me!! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Seat: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Aug 17, 2008 7: 30 pm    Post subject:
Glad you had a great day! I ' m especially happy to hear that word " determined "... it ' s my personal secret weapon! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Welcome to this forum, too.
Tril
lschwass
New Member
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11
Location: kentucky
Tue Aug 19, 2008 3: 23 am    Post subject:
WOW, thanks for the eye opener there.... a hot bath and a serious talk is what I need to give myself right now for sure! But with college and three kids I wonder if there ' s anything cheaper I could reward myself with?
Guess I should think about that before I meet myself in the tub for this stern talk.
mandie
New Member
Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 19
Location: Essex, England
Tue Aug 19, 2008 7: 35 am    Post subject:
how about buying yourself a treat when you are next out shopping like say - luxury bath salts, or better still, make those bath bombs which are fun to do with the kids and are cheap to make!
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Aug 19, 2008 10: 32 am    Post subject:
With 3 kids and being in college, my reward would be a babysitter so I could have some time alone doing something I enjoyed... even if it was just window shopping or visiting with old friends over coffee. [ / icon_smile. gif]
Time = reward! lol
Tril
lschwass
New Member
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11
Location: kentucky
Tue Aug 19, 2008 10: 43 am    Post subject:
you ' re right, Time sounds great! I ' ll catch a show with a friend or something.
I do love those bath salts too [ / icon_wink. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Aug 19, 2008 10: 48 am    Post subject:
I like the scented salts you can use in the shower... it ' s just sea salt, light olive oil and a scented oil of your choice. Keep it in a wide mouth container with a tight cover. I use this as an exfoliator by just rubbing it on my skin ( gently, it ' s rough! ). It makes your skin VERY smooth, moisturized and you smell delicious!!! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Tril12 октября 2008 г.

No comments: