Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 11, 2008

Meatballs for lunch?
Author
Message
stevenb
New Member
Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 8
Footing: Phoenix, Az
Thu May 03, 2007 5: 57 pm    Post subject: Meatballs for lunch?
Hmmm... so I was thinking about lunch today and asked the chef ' s for the nutritional information for the meatballs they cook.
They have soy flour, wheat flour, and a couple other flours that they use to bind them and make the balls...
Grams of carbs per serving are 4 - 1 ( DF ) = 3 net carbs
I ' ve passed induction.. ( I ' m in my third week on atkins )... should I avoid these today or could I do a serving?
I did eat a couple small portions of meat loaf yesterday ( two slices ).
What would you guys do?
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Post: St. Paul, MN
Sun May 06, 2007 3: 36 am    Post subject:
I eat meatloaf often - or course I make it so I know what is in it - no bread crumbs for starters...
If the meatballs fit with your OWL level of carbs, I think you could eat them occasionally. But I would suggest sticking with solid meats like chicken, turkey, ham, etc at lunch instead of a blended product like meatloaf or meatballs - I just don ' t trust the way they are made.11 октября 2008 г.

No comments: