Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Motivation Needed!!
Author
Message
page104
Common Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 48
Fri Feb 08, 2008 4: 15 pm    Post subject: Motivation Needed!!
Motivation Needed!!
Can anyone help? Sunday I will be on induction for 4 weeks. I have lost 17; I'm a big girl so I have a lot to loose. I am fully aware of the water retention, but I need some motivation, I need to know when will I start loosing again. I haven't lost in the last week. I have drunk so much water I have lost count; I have watched my carb intake, and still nothing. Does anyone share my pain? or has a similar story. PLEASE HELP.
I don ' t want to loose the battle.
Thanks
Ginny_O
Plain Member
Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 141
Footing: Maryland
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5: 16 pm    Post subject:
Can you increase your exercise? That may jump - start your metabolism a bit. What is happening with clothes fit? Are you losing inches? Are you sure that carbs haven ' t been creeping in? Are you using products that may slow down your weight loss ( i. e. bars, shakes, sodas? ) Are you on medications that may slow down the weight loss?
page104
Popular Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 48
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5: 23 pm    Post subject:
I ' m actually going to join the health club tomorrow. I ' m optimistic that would help. I don ' t drink any sodas only water. I was trying to at least loose 30 pounds before I worked out because I ' m so heavy, but I think I need to start sooner than planned.
Thanks so much for your response.
DJJayito
Proverbial Member
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 106
Whereabouts: Florida
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5: 27 pm    Post subject: Re: Motivation Needed!!
Don ' t doubt... This topic has been discussed a lot, recently. This is probably because a lot of us decided to go ATKINS for the new year. Here ' s the issue... Weeks 1 and 2, you lose a lot of water weight. Then weeks 3 - 5 ( typically ) people don ' t lose much if any, as the body enters starvation mode and HOLDS ON TIGHT to the fat you are trying to lose. The body is scared and has defense mechanisms to control off starvation. From what I hear and have experienced, after the 5th week, the weight loss kicks in all over again. I, too, noticed my weight loss to cease, but I think it ' s about to start up again.
page104 wrote:
Motivation Needed!!
Can anyone help? Sunday I will be on induction for 4 weeks. I have lost 17; I'm a big girl so I have a lot to loose. I am fully aware of the water retention, but I need some motivation, I need to know when will I start loosing again. I haven't lost in the last week. I have drunk so much water I have lost count; I have watched my carb intake, and still nothing. Does anyone share my pain? or has a similar story. PLEASE HELP.
I don ' t want to loose the battle.
Thanks
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5: 30 pm    Post subject:
Check your inches. I found that I would lose pounds for a few weeks then nothing.... but I still dropped clothing sizes.
Also, you may be at a set point. I noticed that whenever I hit a weight that I had stayed at for a while on my way up the scale... I also stuck at it on the way down.
Try not to look at it as a week without any weight loss. Look at it as a week without any weight gain! Also, its a week of feeling better without those nasty carbs sabotaging your system.
Keep in mind that " big girl " and " a lot to lose " are all relative. I ' ve seen people post that and they needed to lose 20lbs. I ' ve lost 70lbs so far on this woe and STILL need to lose 20 - 30.
Deborah
maro
Senior Member
Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 236
Location: pakistan
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6: 41 pm    Post subject:
page104 wrote:
I ' m actually going to join the health club tomorrow. I ' m hoping that would help. I don ' t drink any sodas only water. I was trying to at least loose 30 pounds before I worked out because I ' m so heavy, but I think I need to start sooner than planned.
Thanks so much for your response.
you dont have to be worried abt hw big you are... H. clubs are for big ppl...
and for exercise start slow... actually for fat burn you dont have to do cardio... slow and continous exercises and weight training is important atleast 4 - 5 days a week
weight training coz the more muscle you have the more fat you burn
i just read tht [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
page104
Established Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 48
Fri Feb 08, 2008 7: 22 pm    Post subject:
Thanks for all your replies.
rosie
Established Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 106
Fri Feb 08, 2008 9: 50 pm    Post subject:
Could it be TOM? I usually find that I stall before and during and then get a big loss the week after
Ginny_O
Established Member
Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 141
Location: Maryland
Sat Feb 09, 2008 1: 36 am    Post subject:
As others have said, start out slowly at the gym. It is too easy to hurt yourself when you are starting out and then end up unable to do anything. So take it easy, one step at a time. Persistence is the key.

No comments: