Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 13, 2008

New Atkins website
Author
Message
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Latitude: North Carolina
Tue Jun 03, 2008 11: 55 pm    Post subject: New Atkins website
Has anyone been on www. atkins. com lately? I went on there today and noticed in the bottom right hand corner it says " Look for new website coming soon ". It said June 1st on there earlier but now it just says soon. I was wondering if that was for this year ( 2008 ) because their website looked the same to me.
It is a shame all of the cash problems the atkins center went through after Dr. Atkins died. They used to have an awesome web page but they took all of the success stories off. They were so inspirational. Especially Tina Kaye. If you get a chance, go to www. lowcarb. ca and check out her story. It is so inspiring and motivating to read her story and see the pictures throughout the procedure. Blonde did a shoot for Atkins as well.
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Position: St. Paul, MN
Link Jun 04, 2008 4: 16 am    Post subject:
The Atkins sight is new to me. It ' s not the same as it used to be. I ' d say it ' s better. Under the " Program " tab it seems to heel principally the same info as the book - but does still fudge a bit on what net carbs are when it comes to Atkins products and " Atkins science " allowing Atkins Nutrition to subtract glycerin and other ingredients that don ' t have much impact on blood sugar...
The products pages were still under construction.
So I ' m not sure if it is going to be a good resource, but it does seem refreshed and " new "
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1322
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Wed Jun 04, 2008 10: 58 am    Post subject:
I really enjoyed the last HOUR I spent pouring over the website!!! Lots of good basic info. I just wish they didn ' t keep using the word SWEET to describe everything. Kinda goes against the grain, ya know? And, they sure push their product... but I guess I can understand that. After all, it ' s the sale of those products that fund that website. [ / icon_rolleyes. gif] I tried a piece of an Atkins bar at Sam ' s Club last week. I gagged. LOL
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Location: North Carolina
Wed Jun 04, 2008 11: 11 am    Post subject:
Tril you definitely have to get used to the taste of them to enjoy them ( well I am not sure I ever truly enjoy them ). The peanut butter and coconut ones are my favorite.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1322
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12: 04 pm    Post subject:
I think I ' ll skip learning to like them, Smer!! I keep trying to like salmon and trout but that isn ' t happening, either. LOL
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Location: North Carolina
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12: 16 pm    Post subject:
I do not blame you!!!! I only eat them on occasion but I don ' t truly enjoy them and you really want to eat things you enjoy on this diet to keep going. [ / icon_smile. gif]

No comments: