Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 11, 2008

new here
Author
Message
skinnyminny
New Member
Joined: 20 Harm 2007
Posts: 2
Latitude: UK
Tue Pollute 20, 2007 5: 24 pm    Post subject: new here
Hi, everyone!
just wanted to say hello & introduce myself! i ' ve tried nearly every diet going, atkins / ww / Rosemary Conley / cabbage soup etc - trouble is i ' ve got this annoying little doubt in my head that tells me it won ' t work so i always talk myself out of it after a day, and have another last unseemly out before starting a new plan in the morning and repeating the whole sorry history again. i ' m 5 ft 6 in & was 120 pounds but after a few years of this way of eating i ' m now ~ 157.
the longest i managed atkins was ~6 days mainly because every time i ' ve mentioned it to someone i ' ve heard " oh no, why are you doing it to yourself it ' s so dangerous! " - now i ' m realising the ton of biscuits / sugar laden refuse i ' m eating every night is dangerous too! doh! [ / icon_redface. gif]
i really want to lose this extra weight. i ' m getting married this july so i ' ve not got long to go but the thought of having my photos taken looking how i do is awful! i want to getfit & healthy too - the constant bloating / headaches / weariness and thirst from all this sugar is grinding me down. so i ' m going to stick with it this time and just come on here when i feel like giving up and eating rubbish next time - because quitting isn ' t an choice anymore!!
sorry to gore you all with my long post - feel better now!
best wishes & good luck to everyone,
skinnyminny ( in a few months anyway! )
skinnyminny
New Member
Joined: 20 Scar 2007
Posts: 2
Locale: UK
Tue Wreck 20, 2007 5: 26 pm    Post subject:
sorry guys, didn ' t mean to post it twice - one day i ' ll get the hang of it!
Shazza
Accepted Member
Joined: 08 Contaminate 2007
Posts: 37
Wed Mar 21, 2007 12: 09 am    Post subject:
Welcome Skinnyminny.
Don ' t you just love it when people tell you why a diet you are using won ' t work? I have created a new rule. Unless it is someone I know really well and TRUST, I don ' t tell them I am on Atkins. If someone remarks on my loss of weight I just thank them and tell them I have changed my eating habits. If they really press for details I tell them I am eating better than I ever have before. Eventually they give up. No staying power, most of them. * snicker *
You don ' t HAVE to tell anyone you are doing Atkins if you don ' t want to. Find a support group you can rely on ( looks like you have done that step when you joined here ) and decide that you are an adult and make your own decisions. ( Hmmmm starting to look like a lecture. )
When you get the cravings come and post. Find something to distract yourself with. I am starting to get the evil things some 11 days in and it ' s really frustrating. I WILL defeat them though. I am sick and tired of being big and not being able to buy " nice " clothing.
Sounds like you are feeling really strong now Skinnyminny. Try and maintain that feeling. It ' s not easy but hey that ' s what this group is for.
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Location: St. Paul, MN
Wed Mar 21, 2007 2: 47 am    Post subject:
I took care of the duplicate post... all gone now.
D14965
Established Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Location: Geelong Australia
Wed Mar 21, 2007 12: 24 pm    Post subject:
Hi Skinny!
Welcome to the forum. The people who say Atkins is BAD are terribly misinformed.. so i dont tell everybody - - like shazza i tell them i have changed the way I eat. I feel terrific and starting to look terrific too so that cant be a bad thing! good luck!!!
cheers
Donna
harleylady
New Member
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 25
Fri Apr 06, 2007 9: 44 am    Post subject:
D14965 wrote:
Hi Skinny!
Welcome to the forum. The people who say Atkins is BAD are terribly misinformed.. so i dont tell everybody - - like shazza i tell them i have changed the way I eat. I feel terrific and starting to look terrific too so that cant be a bad thing! good luck!!!
cheers
Donna
it sure can not be bad as i feel so great and have so much energy during and on maintenance11 октября 2008 г.

No comments: