Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

so hard: (
Author
Message
heyitsthatgirl
New Member
Joined: 08 Wreck 2007
Posts: 4
Location: Virginia
Compound Blemish 14, 2007 5: 32 pm    Post subject: so hard: (
I thought this diet would be easy, but I ' m really struggling. When my stomach is rumbling and I ' m hungry, the only things that look good have tons of carbs. I guess that ' s normal, because my body is craving the easiest source of energy, the one it ' s been used to my whole life...
My problem is food. I have such good memories attached to food.
Do you know what ' s the WORST? When I go out with friends or whatnot, and I succession something obviously low - carb or something not what I normally get, and I get no support from them. They go " oh you don ' t need to lose weight, c ' mon, you ' re no fun like this " and I feel unduly. Not because I feel like I ' m in the wrong, but I ' m wondering why my friends can ' t support me. I don ' t even misery about my weight anymore like I used to because I know that can be annoying. I have a few friends ( thank god for them ) that say " well if you want to do it, then I ' ll support you. Hell, I ' ll even join you! " but most of them just kinda guffaw at me and tempt me with the food they ' re eating, because they think it ' s a joke. It ' s not fair.
I ' m NOT really overweight. I ' m 5 ' 5, and I weigh 154 pounds. I know this isn ' t bad. But because of the way my body is built, I have a lot of pudge. I know girls who are my height and weigh more and they look good. They ' re proportioned well, they don ' t really have misstatement and pudge like I do. I just want to better myself, I want to feel better and to look better, and my god, I would do anything to be able to wear a bikini this summer. I live right by the east coast in virginia, so we go to the beach a lot in the summer, and I don ' t want to be the girl in the t - shirt anymore.
Sorry, I just needed to vent. I ' ve slipped a few times already and I ' ve only started a week ago, but I know I can get back on track and do this right.
towhook
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 285
Location: Dallas, Tx
Wed Mar 14, 2007 6: 05 pm    Post subject:
I ' m sorry your friends aren ' t being supportive. What I try to to do with my friends is to try to not doing anything that centers around food. Do other stuff, go dancing, go to a museum or something.
I know that ' s not always possible, but I hope it helps some. I hope you keep at it. It gets a lot easier! The food addiction and stuff atleast, not sure about the support from the friends.
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Location: St. Paul, MN
Wed Mar 14, 2007 8: 45 pm    Post subject:
Eating out is an advanced technique...
Easier to avoid that if you can early on. Reduces temptation. If you must eat out, eat before you go and then just have a salad out. ( And be sure your picking places to go that have good salads... fast food restraunts do not qualify! )
D14965
Established Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Location: Geelong Australia
Thu Mar 15, 2007 1: 21 am    Post subject:
Stick with it and soon you will be losing the pudge and building Lovely lean muslces. I started Atkins with my younger brother as support for him ( he was told to do atkins by his doctor or hyperinsulinism ) I think it is much easier if you get some support from your friends. I know that with my brother and I Both doing Atkins it is much easier for us... theres always someone to talk to who is doing the same thing and knows how you feel.
Once you get a little further along i bet those carb cravings disappear! mine did - - - i am in week 8 and dont miss bread or potatoes or sugary cakes. Now I try out all sorts of new recipes and there are some yummy desserts too!
hang in there!!!
Donna
Shazza
Established Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Thu Mar 15, 2007 5: 32 am    Post subject:
Don ' t lose hope, honey. My 15 year old daughter is only 11kg overweight and has joined me on the Atkins journey. She wasn ' t too sure at first but after a few days of me reporting losses she jumped on the wagon. You don ' t have to be huge to be unhappy with your body. The idea is to identify a problem and attempt to fix it.
I am with Towhook on this. Eating out is hard no matter what eating plan you are on. Try to avoid it. Invite your friends over for a meal maybe and serve low carb foods. If they complain then maybe you should mention that this is how you feel when they sit in front of you gorging on carbs.
I am doing surprisingly well in the carb department. I thought I would miss stuff more but I haven ' t. Take a good look around the stores at substitues. This week I have found a low carb chocolate. The great thing is I am not being tempted to gorge on it. So I get a treat and I get to be happy.
There are also tons of recipes here that folks have shared. Try and get some variety. I know I am struggling with a limited diet so I am having to try and get creative.
* hugs * If nothing else at least you know you have all the support in the world here with us. We are all on the same journey.
Ok
Established Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 47
Thu Mar 15, 2007 11: 32 pm    Post subject:
Yes, finding low carb snacks or meals thoughout the day is one of the major obstacles. Going without food is not much of an option, after 3 or 4 hours massive headaches begin..
As to craving, as long as manageable amounts of vegetables are consumed your body will probably adjust. I discovered that sugar was an acquired taste.10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: