Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

* Waves * Hello. New person here.
Author
Message
Shazza
Hackneyed Member
Joined: 08 Pollute 2007
Posts: 37
Thu Harm 08, 2007 10: 14 pm    Post subject: * Waves * Hello. New person here.
Just popping in to say hi. I have been researching the Atkins diet on and off for a long time and despite everything I know about healthy eating this diet seems to be working for so many people.
I have to say I am a bit nervous about just how this will go but have decided to give a full two weeks to see how it goes.
Oh and I recently met a lady who has lost something like 17 kilos in about three months on Atkins. I have lost 6 kilos on Weight Watchers in the same period.
I have 39kilos to lose to get to my goal weight.
Hmmm what else? Okay. 36 year old mum of two, married, studying, Australian.
I think that ' s it. [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
D14965
Noted Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Locus: Geelong Australia
Fri Damage 09, 2007 1: 37 am    Post subject:
Hi Shazza! ( waving back )
I know its hard to get your head around the " atkins slant " at first because it is pretty much the complete reverse to what you are often told to do to lose weight. I know that it took me a while to believe it! My younger brother was diagnosed with hyperinsulinism and was told by his doctor to give atkins a try so i decided to join him for support and to finally get rid of the weight that has been hanging around for too long!. I have been doing atkins now for 7 weeks and I feel fantastic. no cravings for sugary foods, i have great of energy and am losing weight and i dont miss bread or potatoes at all. So far i have dropped 7 kilos. 3 kilos in the first two weeks - then another two over the next couple of weeks.. had a few weeks where i didnt lose anything but i stuck to it ( as atkins tends to work in fits and starts ) now the scales are steadily showing more losses. I enjoy the way of eating so much that i can see no problem sticking to the program for life... i have rife of yummy recipes and things to keep the food interesting - - who knew there was a diet where you can have cheesecake!!! mmmm
Well i wish you good luck and welcome to the forum
keep us posted as to your progress and be sure to pop in if you have any questions!
Cheers
Donna ( also an Aussie! WAving flag )
Shazza
Admitted Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Fri Damage 09, 2007 8: 33 pm    Post subject:
Hi Donna
Thanks for the welcome. You are right, the Atkins diet is the antithesis of everything I have ever been taught. Yesterday was my first day and it was bizarre. I had my breakfast, which consisted of some ham, eggs and cheese. That lasted me for FIVE hours. I was in shock. Even my healthiest breakfast only ever lasts me three hours.
Then the weirdness set in. By early afternoon I went really at peace. Normally I am a fairly high strung person, but yesterday I was really completely serene. Never seen anything like it. Maybe it was the lack of sugar. I dropped my caffeine free diet coke and hit the water cold turkey. Even when I found a cupboard full of dumped food and empty packets in my daughter ' s room I didn ' t freak out like I did last time. Weird stuff.
I woke up this morning and to be honest I expected to get on the scales and find myself weighing more. Nup. Down half a kilo. I ' m still not express but I am getting there.
I am off to the local library today. They have a copy of Dr Atkins book as well as a couple of Atkins recipe books. At the moment I am reading everything I can get my hands on so that I can finally get my head around this Atkins thing.
Shaz
D14965
Established Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Location: Geelong Australia
Fri Mar 09, 2007 10: 57 pm    Post subject:
You are off to a good start then Shazza! Atkins certainly makes you feel great - - I am usually pretty laid back anyway but its amazing when your body feels good - - no headaches no indigestion etc etc. My Jeans have started to fall down!! omg i look like one of those homeboys with the brickies butt crack hanging out ( well not quite ) have to think about investing in some SMALLER CLOTHES ( yehar!! ) the weight loss in the first two weeks is pretty much water and then you start to lose fat... i had a few weeks where the scales did not show a loss but i stuck with it as i was feeling great and sure enough the kilos are dropping off again. I think my body was just regrouping and probably holding onto water as the fat was being used up so be aware that this happens ( happened to my brother too ) and don ' t be discouraged.
By the way - - my daughter does the same thing with food wrappers - - - grrrr she is a typical 14 year old [ / icon_twisted. gif]
cheers
Donna
Shazza
Established Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Sat Mar 10, 2007 10: 29 pm    Post subject:
OMG in two days I have lost 1. 5kg. AMAZING!!!!!
Bombie
New Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 4
Location: USA
Sat Mar 10, 2007 10: 59 pm    Post subject:
That is awesome keep up The great work! You Can Do It!
[ / icon_biggrin. gif]
D14965
Established Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Location: Geelong Australia
Sun Mar 11, 2007 9: 10 am    Post subject:
Hi Shazza!
well done... INduction is pretty mind blowing huh??? now..... be prepared just in case this happens... after induction my scale losses slowed way down - - to the point where for a whole two weeks or so it didnt budge!!!! Very disconcerting - - but hang in there! I kept to it and now the scales are moving again quite nicely. The body needs to regroup a bit - - you can imagine it would be in a bit of shock after dropping all that baggage during induction. this is the time we all start praying to the whooshie fairy!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!
PS - i HAD to buy new jeans yesterday because my old ones kept falling down - - I WAS SOOO UPSET ( NOT!!!! )
cheers
Donna [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Shazza
Established Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Sun Mar 11, 2007 9: 04 pm    Post subject:
Oh Donna, poor you. Imagine having to buy SMALLER jeans. * snicker * Did you give the old ones a viking funeral?
I am prepared for stalls. Not looking forward to them and I will be screaming for sympathy and support when they happen but I DO know they will happen.
Btw, down another 0. 5kg today. Total loss of 2. 0kg.
D14965
Established Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Location: Geelong Australia
Mon Mar 12, 2007 6: 39 am    Post subject:
No I didnt give them a viking funeral just yet.. might send them to the bag of stuff i wear when painting etc - - just have to put a big rope around the middle " JETHRO " style to hold them up. [ / icon_evil. gif]
glad to hear your scales are moving in the right direction!
[ / icon_biggrin. gif] Donna
LuckyCat
New Member
Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 16
Mon Mar 12, 2007 5: 13 pm    Post subject:
Congrats Shazza on the weight loss so far! What ' s your daily menu look like?
Cat
Shazza
Established Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9: 45 pm    Post subject:
My daily menu at the moment consists of generally meat with each meal, lettuce leaves for the small amount of carbs I need, eggs and no more than 100g of cheese per day.
After about day two I got bored with no sauces so I started making up a creamy garlic sauce. Cream, grated cheese, butter and minced garlic. My taste buds got more interested then. I have also found a low carb mayonaise that is just delightful.
I allow myself ONE can of splenda based diet drink a day and drink at least 8 x 250ml glasses of water.
When the sweet cravings get the better of me I make some low joule jelly and cream and have as a treat. I am not happy about the jelly that is available where I live though, they DO have aspartame in them. Planning to go to one of the big shopping centres tomorrow and see what else is available.
I look at what I eat during the day and think tomorrow I am going to get on the scales and find myself with a gain. The past four days though EVERY morning I have had a loss. Still trying to get over the shock of that.
Today I weighed in and have lost another 0. 5kg, taking my total loss to 2. 5kg in four days. ( 2. 5kg = 5. 51lbs )
I am also swimming laps at the pool 3 days a week and doing a " fitball " workout twice a week.10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: