Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

Why do I feel so tired
Author
Message
kyuill5
New Member
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Where: USA
Sun Aug 26, 2007 12: 42 am    Post subject: Why do I feel so tired
I am new at Atkins. Only on day 4. But I am little fustrated. I feel very tired and weak. I cannot even exercise. Which is a big deal for me. I need to exercise to work off stress. Am I doing something wrong? I am following the induction phase, getting plenty of sleep and drinking as much water as my bladder can stand -!: 0 ) Is this a side effect of lack of carbs? Will it go away?
I am ready to give up
lamd98
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Harm 2007
Posts: 248
Station: Alberta, Canada
Sun Aug 26, 2007 2: 11 am    Post subject:
No, don ' t give up, you have had the worst behind you!
I had the same thing when I started, had trouble climbing the stairs at home, but the second week was much better. Soon you will have so much energy, you won ' t know what to do with it.
Are you in ketosis yet?
Hang in there, you can do it!!
kyuill5
New Member
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Locale: USA
Sun Aug 26, 2007 12: 38 pm    Post subject: Thanks for listening
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am glad to hear that someone has similar symptoms. We ' ll see what happens next week.
I have be in ketosis for 2 days. Today is day 5. Which seems like a space because I am missing carbs so badly.
I gave myself a goal two weeks in induction 8 weeks of slowly adding carbs in the form of fruit.. After the first week of losing chiefly water, how much weight can I expect to lose a week?
Just want to say to anyone who is reading. In the last week I have visited a couple of different support web sites, posted similar questions and have been ignored completely. So thank - you low carb community for listening
I don ' t feel so alone now.: 0 )
Tara77
Senior Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 231
Longitude: north carolina
Sun Aug 26, 2007 1: 27 pm    Post subject:
kyuill5.. welcome to the forum. when i started atkins i got what is called the atkins flu.. i was so week I almost gave up myself it was hard for me to even do child's play chores around the house but by the end of the second week i felt great so don ' t give up yet!!!!!!
Quote:
kyuill5 I gave myself a goal two weeks in induction 8 weeks of slowly adding carbs in the form of fruit.. After the first week of losing chiefly water, how much weight can I expect to lose a week?
Well everyone is different but the first 2 weeks expect to lose anywher from 5 to 10 lbs. the rest will depend on how quickly you add the carbs just watch what you eat for me the weight came off quick for the first few weeks i was on this diet the longer i am on it and the more carbs i eat the slower i lose.. What ' s your start weight and your goal weight?
kyuill5
New Member
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Stage: USA
Sun Aug 26, 2007 5: 45 pm    Post subject: Can artificial sweentener give headaches
Tara77.. Wow -! I have never heard of this " Atkins " flu. But I think I have it.
Thanks for the insight. Its hard but I sticking with it.
Sounds crazy but I really miss exercising. Can ' t wait for this to pass.
My start weight is 167lb. Goal is 135. I have already lost 45lb " s. But it took me 3 long years. I did it with just portion control and exercise. I have tried for the past year with this method and found that can not stop myself from over eating if there are any carbs and refined sugar in my diet.: 0 (
I guess you can say I am an addict.
Another question: Is it true to much caffeine and artificial sweetener can hinder weight loss? And can it be giving me headaches?
Anyone else have headaches? [ / quote]
lamd98
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 248
Location: Alberta, Canada
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11: 59 pm    Post subject:
Not everyone gets the Atkins flu and there is plenty of information about it on this site ( Atkins FAQ ).
I had it when I started and twice when I ' cheated ' during my 6 months of doing Atkins. This last week I had to restart Induction after coming back from a holiday with too many carbs and the first 3 days were not fun, headache and lethargic.
Soon you really won ' t be missing those carbs at all, so hang in there!
amelinat
New Member
Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 9
Location: Ireland
Tue Aug 28, 2007 1: 16 pm    Post subject: Im on day 2
Hello all,
I started Atkins yesterday with much excitement, but today I feel awful. Reading others experiences has helped me a lot already, I now know that this is normal, so thanks so much! = )
since forever i have enjoyed coffee with 4 sugars and loads of milk. I tried those tiny splenda tablets yesterday and was not happy at all. This morning I had black coffee with no sweetener, I ' ve decided I like that better than splenda.
The biggest challenge for me is this - I work in a pizza store.
kyuill5
New Member
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Location: USA
Wed Aug 29, 2007 10: 43 pm    Post subject: Re: Im on day 2
amelinat wrote:
Hello all,
I started Atkins yesterday with much excitement, but today I feel awful. Reading others experiences has helped me a lot already, I now know that this is normal, so thanks so much! = )
since forever i have enjoyed coffee with 4 sugars and loads of milk. I tried those tiny splenda tablets yesterday and was not happy at all. This morning I had black coffee with no sweetener, I ' ve decided I like that better than splenda.
The biggest challenge for me is this - I work in a pizza store.
Hope you are felling better today.
I am on day 7 now and it has gotton a little easier. But still not my usual self. I too take sugar in my coffee. I think thats what I miss the most. I find that using alot of real cream helps sweeten it a little and I use only one splenda instead of the usual 3 sugars. It ' s tolerable.
Good luck -!: 0 )
pheonixheart
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Posts: 665
Location: Florida
Thu Aug 30, 2007 5: 41 am    Post subject:
It took me a few weeks to get over it but once I did I had so much energy I just couldn ' t sit still [ / icon_lol. gif]. On the other hand, I kind of freaked my daughter out because she didn ' t know how to deal with a mom who had TONS of energy all the sudden hehehe [ / icon_biggrin. gif].
amelinat
New Member
Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 9
Location: Ireland
Thu Aug 30, 2007 8: 13 am    Post subject: Hollow?
Heya Kyuill
I ' m in day 4 now, and I ' ve been sticking to it pretty well. I ' m feeling ok, my concentration is back now, but I ' m feeling kind of hollow in the top of my stomach, like I cant fill it in no matter how much i eat. Its a bit uncomfortable but aside from that im all good. Is this normal? little help anyone?
I ' ve found that Atkins Morning shine Breakfast bars are great for an after dinner treat, but dont really do it for me for breakfast ( not enough! LOL )
Havent lost any weight according to the scales, but i have a good feeling about this.
Cheers
Amel
kyuill5
New Member
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Location: USA
Thu Aug 30, 2007 1: 55 pm    Post subject:
Hi Amel
Glad to hear you feeling good -! I am on day 8 now. I am staving in the morning but when I start eating breakfast my appetite is not what is used to be. Feeling full alot sooner than before. Most of the time I cant finish my meal. You should start feeling that way too by the end of the first week.: 0 ) keep up the good work -!
Keep me posted as to how you are doing: 0 )
Kyuill
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Thu Aug 30, 2007 2: 19 pm    Post subject:
One of the keys to this diet is: Eat when you are hungry and stop eating when you aren ' t.
Deborah sw 237 cw 173 gw 14510 октября 2008 г.

No comments: