Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Atkins and Wellbutrin?
Author
Message
Marinewifeandmom
Hackneyed Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Latitude: Camp Lejeune, NC
Tue Jun 03, 2008 10: 46 pm    Post subject: Atkins and Wellbutrin?
I was wondering if anyone else was taking part in this combination? I have been on atkins for 2 months and just recently restarted wellbutrin sr ( i was on it for literally 2 days a few years back and it made me so sick so they switched me to lexapro but I was only on that a month because i refused to take it while pregnant and have not been on anything since the wellbutrin a few days ago ). i know the book states its theory about depression meds and how they can cause a slow or stalled weight loss - but one of the side effects of wellbutrin can be weight loss - just wondering if there was anyone else affected by this or any other antidepressant or anyone who would like to add in their thoughts on this [ / icon_smile. gif] thanks!
So far i have actually lost a few lbs since being on it ( so I ' m happy for that because some ppl may even experience weight gain w / wellbutrin )
soontobemisses
New Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Location: Marquette, MI
Fri Jun 13, 2008 5: 43 pm    Post subject:
I had read about the antidepressants stalling weight loss, I have been on Valium for about 2 months now, started atkins on monday and I ' ve lost 9 lbs. My guess is that it varies from person to person. Keep an eye on it, if you are very concerned call your pharmacist, they are usually know more about side effects of meds than docs do. Hope that helps!
Marinewifeandmom
Established Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Tue Jun 17, 2008 1: 00 am    Post subject:
Thanks! I have been on it like 2 wks now or so and kinda hanging out in the same place since I lost 5 lbs since starting the wellbutrin - i do have TOM right now so I could be retaining water and hoping for a big whoosh fairy visit afterwards lol

No comments: